NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Balance and tactical. Literally the very reason inverted wingers are the default tactic. 

But we play with an inverted left and a more traditional wing on the right. We still need to flesh the squad out with good players regardless of what foot, how tall, how quick etc they are imo.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

But we play with an inverted left and a more traditional wing on the right. We still need to flesh the squad out with good players regardless of what foot, how tall, how quick etc they are imo.

Depends who's playing Murphy or Miggy.

We need a class RW, who cares what flavour.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Out of interest, who would everyone’s ideal but realistic RW target be ?

It’s difficult really. I wouldn’t mind a good quality RW that isn’t necessarily super expensive and then put some money towards a top CM. Struggling to think of ridiculously good wingers that we can attract. Maybe go for one that is good but can also grow with the team. There are good wingers out there but I’m not sure who I really like. 

Edited by Ikon

Lower end Summerville, Madueke... upper end Neto, Williams.

Be happy with anyone in that range.

Would also be happy with MGW who I think could play there and add something completely different.

19 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

We have 2 inverted left wingers and 1 inverted right winger who's likely gonna be sold and he was the preferred choice until latter end of the season. We also play with overlapping fullbacks so yes I think the point still stands.

I don't think I said either or, we all agree we need more good players but it's naivety to say whether they're left footed or not doesn't factor into recruitment thinking. We saw that with how they specifically went after a left footed CB. 

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

We have 2 inverted left wingers and 1 inverted right winger who's likely gonna be sold and he was the preferred choice until latter end of the season. We also play with overlapping fullbacks so yes I think the point still stands.

I don't think I said either or, we all agree we need more good players but it's naivety to say whether they're left footed or not doesn't factor into recruitment thinking. We saw that with how they specifically went after a left footed CB. 

I just don't think we're at the point where we're turning our noses up at good players because they're right footed.

Just really hope it’s a transformational RW. Someone who knows they’re amazing, someone who’s ready to be the man, someone who will immediately give opposition fear even if he’s out of form.

Edit: Like this signing for me is the key thing to get back to top 4 challengers and legit take a step forward. Can’t be understated how much of a step forward we will take if we nail it. Can get away with a weak CB for season with that. 

Edited by Sibierski

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Out of interest, who would everyone’s ideal but realistic RW target be ?

Thought that Conceição looks a tidy player for Portugal but my YouTube scouting lead me to Edon Zhegrova of Lille and he looked like he had some real quality about him. 

Neto would be perfect if he wasn't always injured. 

Just now, Sibierski said:

Just really hope it’s a transformational RW. Someone who knows they’re amazing, someone who’s ready to be the man, someone who will immediately give opposition fear even if he’s out of form.

Difficult without CL but I see where you’re coming from.