NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

The McTominay stuff is never going away is it?

Probably will when Fulham sign him.

Besides which, I think many realise he's not as bad a player as they first thought.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Longstaff's output last season despite not being great definitely makes me understand how McTominay would be useful a lot more.

Aye, until you want to get to the next level and actually have footballers with genuine proper playing ability on the ball. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Probably will when Fulham sign him.

Besides which, I think many realise he's not as bad a player as they first thought.

Our links to him are irritating because I don’t see how he improves us in any way, and every time we’re linked with him the price tag quotes is higher than what we paid for Bruno.

if he was a £10m squad filler I’d have no issue with the links. 

Nee chance where signing that plank we’ve got money to spend and think we’ll make 3 big splashes.

Thiaw

Ederson

Gibbs-White

Delighted with first 2 but would prefer someone with a bit more craft/guile on the right if honest.

Wilson staying and we’ll have to make do with the dodgy Greek back up in nets, but stay injury free and good enough to challenge for top 4.

Edited by Whitley mag

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Personally think we will spend on a CB and RW and that will be us done. I’d be happy with that as well, as long as they are top quality.

Aye, nothing wrong with quality over quantity. We aren't far away from being a good side and won't need to worry about depth as much next season.

Willock, Longstaff and Miley are too much of drop off in quality from Bruno and Joe, with Tonali still unproven. (Miley still a way to go to fulfill his obvious potential)

Going from Big Joe to Willock is like going from Botman to Burn. Good back up but not the quality we need to maintain a high level for the sustained period we'd need imo.

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Willock, Longstaff and Miley are too much of drop off in quality from Bruno and Joe, with Tonali still unproven. (Miley still a way to go to fulfill his obvious potential)

Going from Big Joe to Willock is like going from Botman to Burn. Good back up but not the quality we need to maintain a high level for the sustained period we'd need imo.

Couldn't disagree more here, Willock is quality imo.

10 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

People still somehow confuse Willock’s obvious quality with not having seen him play much in a year. Still boggles the mind.

Don't think I have, I don't think he could take any of the top teams up a level but the likes of Joe could. Still a very good player and contributed in the same way Longstaff did in the CL year and whilst I rate him higher than Longstaff their impact at their best has been almost the same.

Have to bare in mind Isak, Gordon and Bruno are the level we're aiming for. There's no reason therefore why we still can't go after that calibre of player in every postion. 

Tino and Barnes being good examples of players signed who would be good enough for a starting postion inspite of having similar quality players in front of them.

Edited by Thumbheed