NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

36 minutes ago, STM said:

I just think Trippiers legs have gone and he wasn't quick anyway. If we are dominant, fine, he's as good as anyone in dictating from the back and delivering good balls.

Sadly, the reality is that we are going to have defend in games and in the PL you invariably come up against quick wingers who can make you look silly.

Livramento has the potential to be one of the best one on one defenders I've ever seen, certainly at Newcastle. He's absolutely rapid at both ends of the pitch. The time is right to let him develop his game.

Trippier ain't staying here to sit on our bench, not 6 months after Bayern wanted him. Any notion that he's now number 2 and he's gone.

.... however, I do think Howe will see Trippier as his main RB, Howe shows loyalty to his senior players. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think 10m isn't enough to let him go. We'd need another RB.

Been less than sold on his dead ball situations too. Gordon did well and we’ve got Tonali to add to the mix.

On 02/07/2024 at 23:30, Abacus said:

Words, then;

It probably feels like he's  [Eddie Howe] carrying the load of every decision right now as the face of the club, at least from the fanbase and the press, which is why I do think a visible sporting director maybe needs to be the next transfer we make.

Geet up! And look at the difference it makes to the optimism just on the forum already.

I don’t want to be all “we like journalists when they give good news etc” but with Luke saying we have £100m it made me think that he gives a definite budget every window and we pretty much always outspend that budget. Maybe with the exception of last Jan. 

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not that it ever happens this way, but do Monaco have anyone Mitchell could potentially look to bring in ?

I did think that perhaps it might work the other way round and that because of Mitchell we would now be prohibited by signing any Monaco players. Not sure if that's the case or not but I do know it's happend in the past in these sort of situations.

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I did think that perhaps it might work the other way round and that because of Mitchell we would now be prohibited by signing any Monaco players. Not sure if that's the case or not but I do know it's happend in the past in these sort of situations.

How would we be prohibited?

7 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Was he not out of contract there or did we pay Monaco for him ?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Was he not out of contract there or did we pay Monaco for him ?

Yeah that's me assuming he was still at Monaco up till today, he left last year it seems. So obviously won't be any conflict there.