Tino Livramento

Yorkie

35 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as people make out when they say things like 30m in means we can buy 3 players for 50m over 5 years (as this year the cost of the 50m player is just 10m).  This doesn’t take into account the following years accounts when 30m does not come in.  I guess either commercial revenue needs to keep going up or players need to be constantly sold to make up for a short fall.  I’m probably missing something though.

You're not really wrong, but two important points:

- We had to spent a lot of money in the last two years just to play catch-up with the squad, while at the same time having no one of note to sell. Selling him (and Wood) helps us with the current three-year accounting period as well as the two following this one.

- Our revenue, particularly commercial and player sales, has nowhere to go but up. In four years time when selling Maxi is gone from the books and we're still paying fees/wages for Tonali, Barnes, Livramento, and others we will have presumably made considerable progress on these fronts. 

Edited by timeEd32

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

£8m x 5 years amortised 

Yeah, thats not what I mean.  It's still 30M we have to pay them for him.  Anyway, Ashworth and Eddie know far more than me.  Mane looked decent for Southampton but then turned elite when he joined Liverpool.

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Would be so much better if clubs weren't allowed to spread payments and had to do everything up front. Would make FFP so much simpler and harder to dodge just by having a decent accountant/lawyer

Guess that would violate about a million trade laws though

I haven't really looked at the subject in depth but it would seem that Chelsea and man city have basically cheated FFP but are immune (hence no proper punishment) so now they have brought in far stricter measures? Except man city and Chelsea have got away with it and are getting away with it 

This guy looked terrifyingly good when he first went to Southampton as a teen.

Such a sneaky good signing. Think a lot of people have forgotten and are going to be shocked when they see him out on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I haven't really looked at the subject in depth but it would seem that Chelsea and man city have basically cheated FFP but are immune (hence no proper punishment) so now they have brought in far stricter measures? Except man city and Chelsea have got away with it and are getting away with it 

It doesnt matter if you pay upfront or not.

Worth noting, if multiple sites are to be believed, that he's on very low wages at the moment. We could double them and he'd still only be on about £20k/week. As far as FFP is concerned a player who costs £30m making £1m/yr (£20k/wk) costs the same as a player who costs £20m making £3m/yr (£60k/wk). My guess is people would have less of a reaction to the latter, but it's all the same in the end (and I'd argue the higher fee/lower wages is probably preferable).

That will also mean that, if he does well, he'll be near the top of the list for an extension which would further smooth out the transfer fee. 

51 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

FFP baffles me, had to sell Maxi for 30 million to be able to spend nearly 70 on Barnes and Livramento. (Not complaining as I think both would be cracking signings)

Maxi's roughly £25m profit in this year (assuming around £30m sale), £65m outlay on those two will be roughly £13m cost in the year.

16 minutes ago, STM said:

Wondering because of his size we think he can perhaps be moulded as a CB too.

I'm not suggesting we are signing him for that purpose but it could be in our long term thoughts.

I don't think he's a CB type at all despite his height, more likely to play higher up the pitch than as a CB.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Didn't realise he has almost played as many games at RM (35) as he has RB (43) 

according to https://www.transfermarkt.us/tino-livramento/leistungsdaten/spieler/503981 

That's RW sorted. Back to a CB and LB  it is.

Was thinking that. Could be the perfect foil in front of Trippier, with them alternating on attacks and covering.

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Worth noting, if multiple sites are to be believed, that he's on very low wages at the moment. We could double them and he'd still only be on about £20k/week. As far as FFP is concerned a player who costs £30m making £1m/yr (£20k/wk) costs the same as a player who costs £20m making £3m/yr (£60k/wk). My guess is people would have less of a reaction to the latter, but it's all the same in the end (and I'd argue the higher fee/lower wages is probably preferable).

That will also mean that, if he does well, he'll be near the top of the list for an extension which would further smooth out the transfer fee. 

If he signs with a £30m fee he'll be getting at least £60k a week, £70k-100k wouldn't be that mad either.

48 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as people make out when they say things like 30m in means we can buy 3 players for 50m over 5 years (as this year the cost of the 50m player is just 10m).  This doesn’t take into account the following years accounts when 30m does not come in.  I guess either commercial revenue needs to keep going up or players need to be constantly sold to make up for a short fall.  I’m probably missing something though.

You’re not

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yet again £30m is a joke, this time for the opposite reason.

Upfront yeah but I would really expect the £30m to be heavily incentivized (struggling with this word :lol:), maybe 15-20m straight up and rest depending on appearances/team success.

Edited by Pata

19 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Yeah, we need one desperately for back up for trippier, manqullio, krafth and Ashby. 

Unless we anticipate losing two of them and Ashby going out on loan? 

Or can this lad play LB and RB? That would mean no natural left peg on that side? 

2 of those are poor and one is a completely unseen kid. 

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

If he signs with a £30m fee he'll be getting at least £60k a week, £70k-100k wouldn't be that mad either.

Based on what? He's on significantly less than that coming off an injury. I'd be surprised if we'd 4-5x his pay in that scenario.

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Based on what? He's on significantly less than that coming off an injury. I'd be surprised if we'd 4-5x his pay in that scenario.

It's just how football works now, pretty sure we 5-6x Isak's pay too. £20k would be way too little for someone of Livramento's status despite the injury.

Edit. Seems like Isak went from €20k a week to £120k a week.

Edited by Pata

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Pope

Trippier

Lascelles

Burn

Targett

Livramento

Longstaff

Willock

Gordon

Barnes

Wilson

Eddie's dream English 11

I think a big thing with signing some of these younger players is Ashworth’s involvement in sculpting of the current England set up. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s many similarities to how we operate and the play style especially in the younger age groups.