Tino Livramento

Yorkie

If (obviously it’s a fairly big if) we’re his preferred choice, it would probably go some way to explaining why we would be persisting despite the alleged disparity in valuations that’s been reported.

On 27/06/2023 at 22:34, gbandit said:

How many forums do you post on with relevant transfer news videos? You must be putting the hours in 

Every single one I can find for clubs in the Prem mate, it does take an age! 

On 28/06/2023 at 00:20, TRon said:

Thanks but I'm not watching that when there's a £30m difference in valuations. Looks like it's going nowhere unless Southampton actually want to get the deal done.

Fair enough pal, wasn't aware of this at the time

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Would be excited to get this one done, feel like he's an exciting young player.

Could be if he’s able to get back to his previous level. He’s only played two games after being injured for over a year, remember. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Could be if he’s able to get back to his previous level. He’s only played two games after being injured for over a year, remember. 

Sure our medical/fitness team will have a big say in this, if it is to be done. 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Sure our medical/fitness team will have a big say in this, if it is to be done. 

Oh, obviously. But it’s still a risk to expect him

to be the same player with the same potential. 

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Yep, that's a valid caveat, but he's a young lad so you would hope he would make a full recovery.

Just now, TRon said:

Yep, that's a valid caveat, but he's a young lad so you would hope he would make a full recovery.

Fingers crossed if we’re interested. Actually, hope so just for the lad himself, tbh. 

We are building a strong, young domestic core needed to meet Champions League squad criteria which will allow flexibility in future transfer windows to chase after the very best players we can attract from abroad.

Livramento fits that brief perfectly. 

On a similar point, I expect we will push really hard with Longstaff, Anderson and Miley to ensure they are here for the future to fulfil our homegrown quotas too. 

Edited by David Edgar

Want.

Picking up young talent from relegated or struggling clubs (Gordon, Barnes?, Livramento?).Opportunistic acquisitions while our rivals are buying the finished product at exorbitant prices.

Saw an Athletic vid yesterday that claimed that 50% of all transfers are failures.  I’d argue that the club has not missed yet under the new ownership. Don’t buy the claim that Woods was bad, and think it is far too early to do the same for Gordon. By my estimation  the new ownership has a 100% success rate. Can’t say whether we’re bound to return to the mean, or if the failed strategies at Spurs, Everton, etc. will keep us at the right end of the curve long into the future. Remember last summer when pundits were debating whether Chelsea or Spurs won the window?

This guy looks great. Ashworth knows what he’s doing.

Edited by gazza ladra
Inserted missing NOT

Irrespective of Wood, if we're looking at all of our transfers in then I doubt we'll see Kuol, Minteh or Ashby do much of anything for us, let alone some of the other youngsters we're picking up. That's not 100%, but the hit rate is still very good.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

54 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Want.

Picking up young talent from relegated or struggling clubs (Gordon, Barnes?, Livramento?).Opportunistic acquisitions while our rivals are buying the finished product at exorbitant prices.

Saw an Athletic vid yesterday that claimed that 50% of all transfers are failures.  I’d argue that the club has not missed yet under the new ownership. Don’t buy the claim that Woods was bad, and think it is far too early to do the same for Gordon. By my estimation  the new ownership has a 100% success rate. Can’t say whether we’re bound to return to the mean, or if the failed strategies at Spurs, Everton, etc. will keep us at the right end of the curve long into the future. Remember last summer when pundits were debating whether Chelsea or Spurs won the window?

This guy looks great. Ashworth knows what he’s doing.

Yeah if you ignore the bad signings like Chris Wood and pretend they never happened they have a 100% success rate.

12 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Irrespective of Wood, if we're looking at all of our transfers in then I doubt we'll see Kuol, Minteh or Ashby do much of anything for us, let alone some of the other youngsters we're picking up. That's not 100%, but the hit rate is still very good.

I suspect a few of our recent pick ups at that sort of level aren't even viewed as being for our first team, but rather easy flips to make us a bit of cash. In much the same way as Chelsea have been doing for about a decade now

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Yeah if you ignore the bad signings like Chris Wood and pretend they never happened they have a 100% success rate.

Did we stay up and weaken a rival (Who ultimately went down) following that transfer? Then it achieved its purpose. The fact we ended up evens ffp wise, after his relatively prompt sale is even better.

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Did we stay up and weaken a rival (Who ultimately went down) following that transfer? Then it achieved its purpose. The fact we ended up evens ffp wise, after his relatively prompt sale is even better.

Even his most ardent defenders gave up on him after that Sheffield Wednesday game and so did Howe evidently. Undisputedly a terrible signing but we did well to recoup so much of that money.

Edited by Skeletor