Tino Livramento

Yorkie

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Well if Talbot was correct in saying he didn’t want to join us because he wants first team football, then there is no chance he goes to Chelsea.

I think it just further outs Talbot as the chancer he is. Has he ever got anything right?

Chelsea at this point are an investment entity. Literally buying young assets that will appreciate in value. Pure cynical capitalist approach with sporting project a clear second. 

All the signings are young it’s like they’re trying to be a premium version of Southampton or Brighton instead of the CL club used to winning things

54 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I think it just further outs Talbot as the chancer he is. Has he ever got anything right?

Broke our interest in Lodi and Franca, but gets a fair bit wrong too. He seems to have better links to Liverpool and Man United than us.

I can’t blame him for not wanting to come if it’s true he wants guaranteed playing time. He’s not going to overtake Trippier in the pecking order this season barring a (god forbid) long term injury.

17 minutes ago, LV said:

I can’t blame him for not wanting to come if it’s true he wants guaranteed playing time. He’s not going to overtake Trippier in the pecking order this season barring a (god forbid) long term injury.

True enough, but to be second choice for a team playing a lot of matches in the league and Europe he is going to get a lot of game time - there are very few players who start every game.

2 hours ago, simonsays said:

True enough, but to be second choice for a team playing a lot of matches in the league and Europe he is going to get a lot of game time - there are very few players who start every game.

Not convinced on that setting how Howe goes about team selection.

2 hours ago, simonsays said:

TAA hasn’t had a genuine understudy that I can remember. He starts 90% of Liverpool games.  

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

TAA hasn’t had a genuine understudy that I can remember. He starts 90% of Liverpool games.  

He's a lot younger than Tripps.  

2 minutes ago, madras said:

He's not 32.

Aye. And the 32 year old started 43 games last season.  All 38 league games and 5 cup matches. 

Tino isn’t going to accept FA Cup and league cup + starting 5 league games and coming off the bench. And I don’t blame him.   

We could promise him more game time at RB. But Howe hasn’t struck me as a ‘rotate for the sake of it’ manager unless there’s fitness or injury record concerns.  

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye. And the 32 year old started 43 games last season.  All 38 league games and 5 cup matches. 

Tino isn’t going to accept FA Cup and league cup + starting 5 league games and coming off the bench. And I don’t blame him.   

We could promise him more game time at RB. But Howe hasn’t struck me as a ‘rotate for the sake of it’ manager unless there’s fitness or injury record concerns.  

How much of that has been not having genuine options to freshen up team though?  It is generaly accepted that Tonali is the longstaff upgrade, and i imagine Longstaff will still get plenty of game time

Just now, The College Dropout said:

And a year on, more games. There were times he started looking jaded last season and there's a difference between Sheff Wed away in the cup and the likes of Benfica away.

26 minutes ago, madras said:

And a year on, more games. There were times he started looking jaded last season and there's a difference between Sheff Wed away in the cup and the likes of Benfica away.

Aye but if he stays fit and stays on form Tino will start no more than 6-8 league games + FA Cup and League Cup. I can imagine he would not be happy with that.  

20+ starts across all comps if fit is the minimum to be considered a regular starter or close imo. Based on what I’ve seen from Howe, that would require a massive promise and a change in tact. I can easily see Trippier starting 32 league games + all CL games If fit. Unless he was regularly being subbed off at 60 minutes, I don’t think that would be enough for another player wanting first team football. 

‘Trippier is old. He’ll get loads of minutes.’ There’s nothing to guarantee it. There’s nothing in Howe’s management that suggests it’s even likely. Meanwhile he would start for West Ham.  

33 minutes ago, simonsays said:

How much of that has been not having genuine options to freshen up team though?  It is generaly accepted that Tonali is the longstaff upgrade, and i imagine Longstaff will still get plenty of game time

Targett is a genuine alternative to Burn. Once Burn got that LB slot, Targett didn’t get a look in for a start. Once CL was secured Targett got his start.  There was plenty of times he could’ve started Targett or brought him on earlier and he refused.  

Likewise Anderson rarely got a look in. 

Typically when a player has earned the shirt, Howe doesn’t rotate much. Wilson aside.  

Longstaff will get his minutes because he has the shirt atm.  He’s trusted.  Tonali has to adapt to Howe and the league. That will ensure Longstaff gets lots of minutes next season.  There’s also a tacit belief that Longstaff will be happy with a squad role long-term if we continue to level up. doesn’t sound like Tino is up for that. 

Im not suggesting there’s no chance Tino gets first team starter troupe minutes. But the likelihood isn’t great and it’s fair for the lad to reject the proposal. It’s not like he’s being asked to deputise Wilson or ASM. 

37 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye but if he stays fit and stays on form Tino will start no more than 6-8 league games + FA Cup and League Cup. I can imagine he would not be happy with that.  

20+ starts across all comps if fit is the minimum to be considered a regular starter or close imo. Based on what I’ve seen from Howe, that would require a massive promise and a change in tact. I can easily see Trippier starting 32 league games + all CL games If fit. Unless he was regularly being subbed off at 60 minutes, I don’t think that would be enough for another player wanting first team football. 

‘Trippier is old. He’ll get loads of minutes.’ There’s nothing to guarantee it. There’s nothing in Howe’s management that suggests it’s even likely. Meanwhile he would start for West Ham.  

Targett is a genuine alternative to Burn. Once Burn got that LB slot, Targett didn’t get a look in for a start. Once CL was secured Targett got his start.  There was plenty of times he could’ve started Targett or brought him on earlier and he refused.  

Typically when a player has earned the shirt, Howe doesn’t rotate much. Wilson aside.  

Longstaff will get his minutes because he has the shirt atm.  He’s trusted.  Tonali has to adapt to Howe and the league. That will ensure Longstaff gets lots of minutes next season.  There’s also a tacit belief that Longstaff will be happy with a squad role long-term if we continue to level up. doesn’t sound like Tino is up for that. 

Im not suggesting there’s no chance Tino gets first team starter troupe minutes. But the likelihood isn’t great and it’s fair for the lad to reject the proposal. It’s not like he’s being asked to deputise Wilson or ASM. 

If he goes to any top 6 club theres no guarantee he'll get games. We'll be playing higher calibre, higher intensity games and I think the point in being after him is to use him. 

25 minutes ago, madras said:

If he goes to any top 6 club theres no guarantee he'll get games. We'll be playing higher calibre, higher intensity games and I think the point in being after him is to use him. 

He doesn’t have to go to a top 6 club. 

But I think he gets a lot of game time for Spurs and Man U.  And most of the others in the league. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Trippier can't cope with CL and PL next season without breaking down at some point, fit as he is that is too many high intensity games. Personally I could see Howe willing to drop Tripps from a fair few PL games in favour of keeping him sharp for the CL.

Also bear in mind the nature of reporting, 90effing% of it stems from speculation if not outright sensationalism.

A further 'also', based on your "assessment of everything you've seen of Howe's management", - Howe has never, perhaps, felt he had a like for like replacement available. I'd suggest Livramento might have more energy than a 33yr old over the course of a season. I would not be at all surprised to see Tonali, for instance, taking a lot of our free kicks next season. There would be more opportunity for Livramento than you speculate in my opinion.

We seriously don't know enough about Howe to make those judgements on the basis of a season and a half with a limited squad.

Edited by Irish Magpie
Clarification