Tino Livramento: will miss remainder of season with ankle injury

Yorkie

4 hours ago, Nine said:

Not sure why a lot of people expected LB to be priority over RB, there was far less depth across Trippier/Krafth/Ashby than there is in Burn/Targett. Makes total sense that it’s a RB. 

Harsh on Manquillo who's arguably our second best right back.

He's 20yrs old, if he's still playing here regularly in 5 seasons then £40M is well worth it. Same applies for Gordon as well. We've got them under contract right into their peak years with (I would imagine) contract extension clauses built in to protect the club if they do well.

5 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's scored 2 goals in 2023, and went February 2021–April 2022 without scoring or assisting a goal. There's nothing to suggest that from his 4 and a half years here that that goalscoring run from October-November last season wasn't a purple patch.

And I don't want him sold btw. He's a good option for the squad given the volume of games. But our options there are only Almiron and Murphy unless you count Gordon towards it.

Saying similar in another thread. Almiron can still be key, his pressing is excellent and infectious.  But we need more quality options in the squad. 

15 minutes ago, Haz said:

Assuming Tino will be subject to a very vigorous and robust medical, SSN saying Eddie thinks he’s going to be an England first choice for years to come. 

I like him a lot. But there’s a good reason Chelsea let him go. 

Not a slight on Tino. But James is the most talented RB of his generation. If he can shake the injuries he’ll be regular FB. I also think he’s the most capable of being a complete CM out of him and TAA. 

Edited by The College Dropout

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Same reason they let De Bruyne and Salah go maybe? 

De Bruyne was 22 and Salah was 21 when they were deemed not good enough for Chelsea, so they were older than Livramento was but Chelsea are notoriously overstocked with youth players and they can't all hang around after 18yrs old, some need to leave, and £5M with 50% sell on probably seemed to good to turn down.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Because Azpilicueta and James were ahead of him in the pecking order and even a very good 17-18 year old wasn't going to get a sniff? It's a wonder there's a hefty sell-on if they didn't think much of him.

13 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

He's 20yrs old, if he's still playing here regularly in 5 seasons then £40M is well worth it. Same applies for Gordon as well. We've got them under contract right into their peak years with (I would imagine) contract extension clauses built in to protect the club if they do well.

£30/£32m

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

No.  Rheece James is just better. That’s why they let him go.  

Massive fan of Tino. Massive ceiling. But James is him. 

You’ll need to wait until they actually reach their peak to make that stick, tbh.  Until then it is guesswork

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not wanting to be pedantic, but wasnt part of it that he wanted to go to get first team football rather than being endlessly loaned out?

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

Because Azpilicueta and James were ahead of him in the pecking order and even a very good 17-18 year old wasn't going to get a sniff? It's a wonder there's a hefty sell-on if they didn't think much of him.

Didn’t say they didn’t rate him. Livramento was highly rated at Chelsea’s academy from early. He’s been capped at every junior England age group and was a standout performer in the academy. But Rheece James is that guy. Chelsea and Tino knew that. 

Still think Tino will be a great signing.  But if James stays injury free he won’t be a regular for Wngland 

28 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not a slight on Tino. But James is the most talented RB of his generation. If he can shake the injuries he’ll be regular FB. I also think he’s the most capable of being a complete CM out of him and TAA. 

Livramento pushed for the move from what I remember, remember thinking a lot of him for doing it at the time. He was behind James and Azpilicueta and wanted game time. 50% sell on clause (if true) doesnt exactly scream "Letting him go" either. 

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yea James IMO is the best RB in the world if fit. I say this all the time, but when he received the ball, he does so with his studs fully on top of it. You see goalkeepers do it to show they have complete control but they have time. For a RWB to do it is insane. Shows that players are afraid to press him. It was nice seeing Gordon get some change out of him in the friendly. 

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Some of them are shit, that’s an issue. But hopefully we won’t need them.

Depends on what kind of game. I think Livramento can deputize for Trippier and Targett for Burn? Manquillo and Dummett will be very unlikely to be used.