He's fast as lightening and he makes the geordie sing

Better than kyle walker, he makes him look fucking shite

Ohh super Tino in the famous black and white

Or

His name is Tino and he's running down the wing

Better than kyle walker, luke shaw and ben white

Ohh super Tino we gonna sing this song all night

Still better than bruno in middle a kna that.

15 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

Made after a few pints but one to the tune of Rio by duran duran

Better than kyle walker, he makes him look fucking shite

Ohh super Tino in the famous black and white

Or

Better than kyle walker, luke shaw and ben white

Ohh super Tino we gonna sing this song all night

Still better than bruno in middle a kna that.

Were you drinking alone and practicing this in the mirror?

8 hours ago, Wilson said:

What's the chant to the old Guttierez tune? 

Oh we're the Geordies,

The super Geordies,

We're Newcastle,

They say we win no trophies,

Tell us something we don't know,

We follow our Newcastle,

Through the rain, the sleet, the snow,

Oh we're the Geordies,

The super Geordies.

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Oh we're the Geordies,

The super Geordies,

We're Newcastle,

They say we win no trophies,

Tell us something we don't know,

We follow our Newcastle,

Through the rain, the sleet, the snow,

Oh we're the Geordies,

The super Geordies.

now that is fucking tremendous

Our songbook these days saddens me to be honest.

The days of the old signing section in Leazes L7 corner there was always a mixture of new songs born (Jonas song) as well as older songs. Constantly mixing it up too. It was class.

Modern fans - not just NUFC - just seem to rehash other teams songs and sing them until they're done to death. There's nowt unique anymore, except Liverpool & Man United. Credit to them, they always have unique songs.

Last year it was 'We've got Bruno in the middle' this year it's 'Tonali/ANTHONNNNY'.

Sad it's rare we get Blaydon Races or We are the Geordies anymore. Maybe I'm too old fashioned.

59 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

The days of the old signing section in Leazes L7 corner there was always a mixture of new songs born (Jonas song) as well as older songs. Constantly mixing it up too. It was class.

Modern fans - not just NUFC - just seem to rehash other teams songs and sing them until they're done to death. There's nowt unique anymore, except Liverpool & Man United. Credit to them, they always have unique songs.

Last year it was 'We've got Bruno in the middle' this year it's 'Tonali/ANTHONNNNY'.

Sad it's rare we get Blaydon Races or We are the Geordies anymore. Maybe I'm too old fashioned.

Bring back the Toon Ultras :thup: :lol: 

1 hour ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Annoying as so many class songs. Even we are the geordies the geordie boot boys gets sang less and less let along old classics

Tell all the boys ya know newcastle are going to Glasgow

Been to Germany been to Italy and we'll lift the cup in Glasgow

We need a rehash of that fine effort

And not the shite follow the toon version

20 minutes ago, jack j said:

Tell all the boys ya know newcastle are going to Glasgow

Been to Germany been to Italy and we'll lift the cup in Glasgow

We need a rehash of that fine effort

And not the shite follow the toon version

Tell all the boys you see, Newcastle are going to Wembley…

34 minutes ago, NSG said:

Bring back the Toon Ultras :thup: :lol: 

The promotion season in 09/10 probably remains my favourite year as a fan you know. Last year was great but I'm a Dad now :lol: 

Back then - 21 years old, not a care in the world. Up there with 7 other mates. Was absolutely mint every week. Was genuinely like an away day every game. Absolutely class.

Strawberry Corner does what it can but it's nowt like it was up there back then. 

6 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

The promotion season in 09/10 probably remains my favourite year as a fan you know. Last year was great but I'm a Dad now :lol: 

Back then - 21 years old, not a care in the world. Up there with 7 other mates. Was absolutely mint every week. Was genuinely like an away day every game. Absolutely class.

Strawberry Corner does what it can but it's nowt like it was up there back then. 

My favourite ever season. Think I done about 20 of the 23 aways that season as well but missed the famous Plymouth game. Still gutted about it now

Nee kids nee wife nee worries out before every home game as well ha

Surely there must be teenagers/ early 20s who'd love have something similar to what we had in level 7

11 minutes ago, jack j said:

My favourite ever season. Think I done about 20 of the 23 aways that season as well but missed the famous Plymouth game. Still gutted about it now

Nee kids nee wife nee worries out before every home game as well ha

Surely there must be teenagers/ early 20s who'd love have something similar to what we had in level 7

I think the difference now (and I apologise for pigeon-holing a generation) is that the younger fans are more concerned about showing people that they're at the match via Snapchat & instagram than actually going with the purpose of letting loose and being a lunatic for 90 minutes.

For me going to the match has always been the release at the end of my week - whether it be school, college, uni or now work. For 90 minutes you can just forget about whatever is going on in life and be with 50,000 like minded fans supporting the same thing. 

It seems these days that if you're a younger fan, recording fans singing or parts of the game are more important than actually creating an atmosphere.

As @NUFC91 has said a good few times, moving like-minded fans to designated singing areas would definitely improve things. Having 2x singing sections in the Strawberry Corner and somewhere in the Leazes would improve the atmosphere tenfold. I think they've done something similar at the Emirates and it's had decent results.

For the record, as a fairly well-travelled away fan, I must admit St James' is much better than many other grounds in the UK in terms of atmosphere, despite what we think. But that's not to say it couldn't be much better with some tweaks to seating arrangements.

I have the same feelings about 2009-10 in level 7 corner, it was class.

Cardiff on a Friday night in Feb stands out for me. The buzz around town before the game cos they’d brought a big contingent and there was an edge to it.

Then we battered them on the pitch and the L7 corner was in full voice. Deafening noise. 

After the depression of relegation it was a relief to be part of something in the stands that actually felt positive.

There was one game where thousands of us kept the “we don’t care about Ashley” song going for what felt like an entire half. It was mega. 

Edited by bobbydazzla