Harvey Barnes

khay

17 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The Botman saga was only public due to the excessive self-flagellation of AC Milan in the press  

We were also very talkative in our first transfer window. Ashworth seemed to shut that down.

I think there's a delay because Leicester would like to start an auction, but the player has made it clear that, of all the candidates, we're the only one he's interested in. We then feel we can afford to bid low and wait.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

We were also very talkative in our first transfer window. Ashworth seemed to shut that down.

That was a great window, entertainment wise! Every single day a juicy rumour it felt like and we enquired legitimately after so many players. Legendary and probably never to be repeated 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What does formal talks mean though? We haven't talked to them about buying him?

Wouldn’t have thought so. Probably just at the agent stage as per my earlier post.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Cheers.

Downie won't know anything mind. If anything, if it was a crock (as with Barella) we'd have probably told him the opposite.

Not a dig at the local journalists, but they've become the least reliable sources going simply because we know the club tell them nothing or use them for our own ends.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Cheers.

Downie won't know anything mind. If anything, if it was a crock (as with Barella) we'd have probably told him the opposite.

Not a dig at the local journalists, but they've become the least reliable sources going simply because we know the club tell them nothing or use them for our own ends.

Really does dilute their job role hugely during the transfer window. They're literally reporting our smokescreens

3 minutes ago, JP said:

Really does dilute their job role hugely during the transfer window. They're literally reporting our smokescreens

Pretty much.

It does sound like there's a fair way to go with this one, but if Romano and Steinberg are reporting talks are advanced we'll probably hear something over the next couple of days. Probably first bid rejected.

1 hour ago, TheHoob said:

Starting to think this was another distraction. 

I don't think so, he's clearly been on Eddie's radar for a long time, I'm sure we'd love to do a deal, but whether we'll be able to come to an agreement with Leicester is another matter. Seems like Barnes is keen on making the move though so that gives us a significant advantage.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Pretty much.

It does sound like there's a fair way to go with this one, but if Romano and Steinberg are reporting talks are advanced we'll probably hear something over the next couple of days. Probably first bid rejected.

They both know about as much as Burnsie and Sean Casey.

9 minutes ago, chronicfc said:

They both know about as much as Burnsie and Sean Casey.

Fairly reputable professional journalists being compared to blokes who start rumours on social media for a bit of clout is a bit extreme like.

I can see us aiming a lot higher than Barnes. Seems a bit of a sea change signing the Italy U21 captain from AC Milan and then going after a decent but nothing special, newly relegated winger. We're probably happy the rumour is out there and we're not denying it so reporters are thrown off the scent of who we're really after.

Of course, if i'm wrong and we do sign him, he'll be England regular Harvey Barnes who has the potential to be world class.