Harvey Barnes

khay

6 minutes ago, christ said:

Don’t doubt it’s genuine I’m just trying to work out why it appears to be taken through the netting.

Must be a camera built into the dead Gallowgate pigeon 

30 minutes ago, TRon said:

There'll be a whole bunch of critical posters quietly disappearing and being replaced by new ones who will profess he was always underappreciated.

Not me. There’s no shame in being wrong.

Nout wrong with being fairly critical, nor supporting players of our club. They're not mutually exclusive.

I'm not blown away by him, but I look forward to seeing what Howe and the coaching team does with him and how he performs on the pitch for us. 

When Barnes is on the pitch he'll have my full support, I don't care what he's done elsewhere when he becomes a Newcastle United player.

No-one can trade on past glories and he'll be assessed by everyone on what he does in black and white.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know the game is more than just goals and assists, but his numbers match Grealish, Mount and Rashford. If Howe can improve him even further than £35-40m is an absolute steal. 

There is plenty of room for improvement, his numbers ere good under Rodgers, and he's an utterly horrendous manager who couldn't get players playing to their maximum for more than a month or two a season. 

He's not one to take on players with his pace, what he thrives on is quick ball and being allowed to make quick decisions which catch the opposition off guard. You ask him to take 11 touches all in the name of not losing it, then he'll be a hard watch at times.

Now a few caveats, he seems like he desperately needs coaching on where he needs to go and when he needs to go. So often he's wandering around in a poor position when there is a giant gap out wide waiting for him to exploit. IF he's coachable and not just really really bad at positioning and won't be told, then he's going to get double figures. 

Just now, OverThere said:

Left sided Miggy? Does he press or perform defensive duties?

Not massively, but then judging him on what Brendan (can't set a team up to defend properly if his life depended on it) Rodgers asked him to do is totally and utterly pointless. 

Fans here have grown frustrated with him in recent years, but we grew frustrated with everything, watching that little turd ruin a decades hard working bit by bit, without anyone at the club barring 32,000 fans there on match day being able to see it. 

Barnes has the potential to be an absolutely brilliant signing, his numbers show that what an average Barnes can do it a shit team... so imagine what one full of confidence, in a team playing well and a positive decent manager could do?

1 minute ago, Foxedup said:

Not massively, but then judging him on what Brendan (can't set a team up to defend properly if his life depended on it) Rodgers asked him to do is totally and utterly pointless. 

Fans here have grown frustrated with him in recent years, but we grew frustrated with everything, watching that little turd ruin a decades hard working bit by bit, without anyone at the club barring 32,000 fans there on match day being able to see it. 

Barnes has the potential to be an absolutely brilliant signing, his numbers show that what an average Barnes can do it a shit team... so imagine what one full of confidence, in a team playing well and a positive decent manager could do?

Who you on about there, Rodgers?

7 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

There is plenty of room for improvement, his numbers ere good under Rodgers, and he's an utterly horrendous manager who couldn't get players playing to their maximum for more than a month or two a season. 

He's not one to take on players with his pace, what he thrives on is quick ball and being allowed to make quick decisions which catch the opposition off guard. You ask him to take 11 touches all in the name of not losing it, then he'll be a hard watch at times.

Now a few caveats, he seems like he desperately needs coaching on where he needs to go and when he needs to go. So often he's wandering around in a poor position when there is a giant gap out wide waiting for him to exploit. IF he's coachable and not just really really bad at positioning and won't be told, then he's going to get double figures. 

That'll dee. Eddie Howe will work his magic. He's always looked good when I've watched him play to be honest and hopefully he will sway other peoples opinions. Leicester are going to have a load of cash for your sales this season. It'll be a bit criminal if you's don't spend it wisely and come up like.

Edited by Caleb70

7 hours ago, GWN said:

Love reading all the football coaches opinions on here mind .

Why are we wasting time here in a football forum discussing football when everyone could just repeat the 'trust Howe and Ashworth' line? This take is becoming a pet hate of mine tbh. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Why are we wasting time here in a football forum discussing football when everyone could just repeat the 'trust Howe and Ashworth' line? This take is becoming a pet hate of mine tbh. :lol:

Right. We seem to have four wide players with similar characteristics. Miggy Murphy Gordon and Barnes. Fast in a straight line, not really dribblers. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Surely whoever that Rob’s source is will be known to the club soon. 

Wonder if it’s the same person who told Hope about Bruce and Ritchie’s fall out. 

In an era where the recruitment team are trying to keep their dealings confidential, there's naivety in someone having a decent sauce and then plastering loads of specific details allawwa the Twatter

You'd probably expect it from a well networked journo, but not some average punter

Chances are the sauce will decide it's too risky and dry up, or someone inside the club will tell them to dry up. Don't bite the hand that feeds you etc

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

In an era where the recruitment team are trying to keep their dealings confidential, there's naivety in someone having a decent sauce and then plastering loads of specific details allawwa the Twatter

You'd probably expect it from a well networked journo, but not some average punter

Chances are the sauce will decide it's too risky and dry up, or someone inside the club will tell them to dry up. Don't bite the hand that feeds you etc

Aye you’re right like.

Stuff like Barnes being at SJP isn’t a risk, but he tweeted that we were after Gordon on Jan a couple of weeks before.

Not knocking the lad like as I like his info, but you raise a good point. 

1 minute ago, Foxedup said:

Yes

Whats the crack there then? From the outside looking in I'd say he did a decent job overall: FA Cup win, Community Shield and 2x European place finishes, narrowly missing out on CL both times IIRC?

That being said, I know how fucking infuriating it is when an outsider tells fans who watch their team on a weekly basis how they should be thinking. Happened every week to us under Bruce from his media pals.

11 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

That'll dee. Eddie Howe will work his magic. He's always looked good when I've watched him play to be honest and hopefully he will sway other peoples opinions. Leicester are going to have a load of cash for your sales this season. It'll be a bit criminal if you's don't spend it wisely and come up like.

We've taken a huge risk in the manager, could be shrewd, could be sh***. At least he's buying players that actually fit how he wants to players... unlike the poison drarf he would sign 7ft tall centre backs with zero speed and then put them in a high line.

19 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Surely whoever that Rob’s source is will be known to the club soon. 

Wonder if it’s the same person who told Hope about Bruce and Ritchie’s fall out. 

Definitely seems to be someone high up or very much involved with all aspects of the club. 

He's had nailed on information about players we're scouting, players that are leaving, players that are definitely joining, players medicals and now when the official announcement will be made (announcement yet to be proven correct tbf but looks 99%)