Harvey Barnes

khay

18 minutes ago, Erikse said:

This guy provided 10 assists in the 21/22 PL season. 23 assists in the last 4 seasons. Not all about the goals really, their strikers just dropped in form last season.

barnes.thumb.PNG.2e59895e531ab2cc89b1056ba9374443.PNG

They dropped in form last season but were finishing inhumanly well until last season. He gets assists but 0.14 expected assists per 90 in a big sample size is nothing to get excited about. 

14 minutes ago, Erikse said:

[emoji38]

When was the last time we had a player that provided 10+ assists in a single PL season? Must be ages ago. Trippier did 7 last season.

A longer than I expected flick back through fbref suggests it's Laurent Robert with 11 in 2001-2002.

https://fbref.com/en/squads/b2b47a98/2001-2002/Newcastle-United-Stats

Danny Guthrie had 12 in one season in the Champo. Matt Ritchie got 8 in one season and Joey Barton got 9.

7 minutes ago, Pata said:

They dropped in form last season but were finishing inhumanly well until last season. He gets assists but 0.14 expected assists per 90 in a big sample size is nothing to get excited about. 

I don't remember how effective they were in the 21/22 season, but they barely finished in the top 10. I can imagine that it wont be that hard to provide assists in our team next season.

16 minutes ago, Stottie said:

A longer than I expected flick back through fbref suggests it's Laurent Robert with 11 in 2001-2002.

https://fbref.com/en/squads/b2b47a98/2001-2002/Newcastle-United-Stats

Danny Guthrie had 12 in one season in the Champo. Matt Ritchie got 8 in one season and Joey Barton got 9.

Assists are not nearly as common as goals, the Premier League record in a season is 20. 10 assists is often within the top 5 or 6 in the entire league. In the 21/22 season Barnes was joint 3rd.

Edited by Erikse

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I don't remember how effective they were in the 21/22 season, but they barely finished in the top 10. I can imagine that it wont be that hard to provide assists in our team next season.

Are you incapable of opening the image in my post or should I use more colours?

24 minutes ago, Pata said:

Only 2 players that season(21 22) had more assists than him....but aye, nothing to get excited about.  

Edited by Aiston

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Only 2 players that season(21 22) had more assists than him....but aye, nothing to get excited about.  

Jesus fucking christ.

15 minutes ago, Pata said:

Are you incapable of opening the image in my post or should I use more colours?

Sorry, but lower xA that output doesn't mean that much to me.. Looking at our xA from last season, some players stats suggests that we were ineffective while others suggests that we were effective. I don't think that xA is a real proof of anything. Remember Willocks assist vs Tottenham? He got less than 1 xA that game, providing one of the assists of the season which Isak should score almost everytime. I'd rather see a video of the assists.

Edited by Erikse

xA is interesting but I found some of his assists and checked the xA against them and it seems ropey with the variables.

E.g. he had 2 assists against Burnley in 2019 from an xA of .18 but the first assist is a fantastic left-foot cross onto the 6-yard line for a Vardy header. 

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Sorry, but lower xA that output doesn't mean that much to me.. Looking at our xA from last season, some players stats suggests that we were ineffective while others suggests that we were effective. I'd rather see a video of the assists.

You need video evidence for expected assists but you are completely fine using just assists as a metric without video?