Harvey Barnes

khay

52 minutes ago, footywithuti said:

Evening everyone, hope you’re doing well. Here’s a video detailing everything you need to know about Harvey Barnes and why he’s such an underrated signing in 3 minutes for those interested. Think he’s the perfect fit for Eddie Howe’s system out wide left and will be a fixture in the first 11 moving forward. Would love to hear your thoughts and answer any questions you may have, cheers!

He pretty much summed it up - solid but unspectacular signing.

2 minutes ago, duo said:

He pretty much summed it up - solid but unspectacular signing.

Unspectacular is harsh. Not as exciting a style of play but with probably more output might be a better way of putting it.

I would describe it as low risk, a bit different to solid. He’s a very good player and you know he’s very good. Maybe that’s why some people aren’t as excited. 

Either way it’s a great signing and we should all be jumping in a soapy transfer bath. 

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Unspectacular is harsh. Not as exciting a style of play but with probably more output might be a better way of putting it.

Sum total of the parts. More goals, more assists incoming. Also Howe will improve him. He’s not the finished article   :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

10 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Seems to tally with this too...

Also looks like it was him pitchside on those potato / minecraft photos psoted earlier, too.

Looks too short for a Howe player. And don’t get me started on those missing teeth. 

Edited by RS
Ah fuck. The bloke in the car!

It almost feels overdone and yet I don't ever really get bored of it [emoji38] Some social media teams (thinking of Burnley especially) would 100% be utilising this in the pre-announcement tweet or something

3 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

It almost feels overdone and yet I don't ever really get bored of it [emoji38] Some social media teams (thinking of Burnley especially) would 100% be utilising this in the pre-announcement tweet or something

That Dave off The Royal Family [emoji38]

Just now, The Prophet said:

Most amount of anger I've seen a signing generate since Gordon. Fair to say if he was coming in to supplement Maxi rather than replace him, it might be different?

Gordon and Barnes are gonna be great. In Howe we trust! :indi:

Just now, The Prophet said:

Most amount of anger I've seen a signing generate since Gordon. Fair to say if he was coming in to supplement Maxi rather than replace him, it might be different?

I think so, I know it leaves me with more of a bittersweet feeling than it would have otherwise done and I wasn't as attached to Maxi as some others are. 

I can't see how anyone can really argue, taken alone, that it is anything other than a good signing, a positive addition to the squad, as a minimum. It is valid to discuss whether there may be drawbacks to Barnes as a player, or opportunity cost in terms of other positions. But that's a long way from being angry about it, which strikes me as a little bizarre. 

The again, I've seen more disproportionate devaluing of ASM's abilities as he approaches an exit than I have anger towards Barnes, at least in some quarters. Which seems bizarre to me too :lol:

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Absolutely.

I might seem angry but I'm not angry at Barnes, think he's a solid signing that's available for a decent fee but would feel a lot more comfortable if we could've kept ASM too.

More angry at what I read about ASM here by so many posters but it's a fight I'll never win and wish I didn't care at all. :lol:

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

I think so, I know it leaves me with more of a bittersweet feeling than it would have otherwise done and I wasn't as attached to Maxi as some others are. 

I can't see how anyone can really argue, taken alone, that it is anything other than a good signing, a positive addition to the squad, as a minimum. It is valid to discuss whether there may be drawbacks to Barnes as a player, or opportunity cost in terms of other positions. But that's a long way from being angry about it, which strikes me as a little bizarre. 

The again, I've seen more disproportionate devaluing of ASM's abilities as he approaches an exit than I have anger towards Barnes, at least in some quarters. Which seems bizarre to me too :lol:

Yeh but you're bias.