Harvey Barnes

khay

To be fair to him he's very good at getting into these situations where he finds himself through the defence with the ball. He quick and makes some good runs. In just 90 minutes, hes had 3 or 4 of these chances. Probably more than any other player in our team the first 3 games.

Edited by Erikse

3 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I know Howe loves an inverted winger but Barnes on the right for Almirón has to come into consideration at some point. 

Think it’s Gordon that goes right if they both start, he’s much more versatile than Barnes.

52 minutes ago, Erikse said:

To be fair to him he's very good at getting into these situations where he finds himself through the defence with the ball. He quick and makes some good runs. In just 90 minutes, hes had 3 or 4 of these chances. Probably more than any other player in our team the first 3 games.

only during counter attack. 

36 minutes ago, Erikse said:

If it's easy, why is it often him and not the other players?

The question is what if the opponents just sit back and no space for him to run?

easy or not is irrelevant. It’s the limitation of application. 

28 minutes ago, Zero said:

The question is what if the opponents just sit back and no space for him to run?

easy or not is irrelevant. It’s the limitation of application. 

Yeah that's fair, hard to tell yet. Atleast we know he can be a threat if a game opens up.

8 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I kind of always assumed Gordon would be the Almiron competition tbh. 

I'm also a bit uncertain about this, because I'm also still more convinced about Joelinton at left wing rather than CM (I said that at the end of last season aswell). Good to have options, but wish there was more competition on the right side. The obvious solution would be to try Gordon on the right, but maybe he's not as good there. I think Gordon is better suited for the right side than Barnes or Joelinton however.

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Watching the replay back, he looked well offside for the Wilson square ball. It probably wouldn't have stood if we score.

we were in the gallowgate, the linesman flagged for it but not till quite late.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Watching the replay back, he looked well offside for the Wilson square ball. It probably wouldn't have stood if we score.

I seen the linesman put his flag up when the attack ended. The ref waved to acknowledge him but waved play on as didn't Liverpool have possession back?

But yes, he would have been offside.

10 hours ago, Aiston said:

When was the last time Barnes' even played right wing, he's firmly a left winger.

Everything he does good is on the left.

If he can hit a cross right footed he'll be more use than Almiron.

2 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Must admit I wasn’t paying too much attention by the end but did Barnes contribute much? In my mind he’s only really effective running onto a throughball like against Villa.

That’s his game running in on through balls or playing one twos to get a shot off.

Edit to answer the question: No, he was on for a short time.

Edited by SAK

3 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Must admit I wasn’t paying too much attention by the end but did Barnes contribute much? In my mind he’s only really effective running onto a throughball like against Villa.

Only on for 15 minutes but we created basically fuck all.