Harvey Barnes

khay

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Credit to him. Came on and gave it a real go. Showed what we were missing with Gordon there.

Point to prove after being out for so long last season. Never doubted his talent and addition to the team. 

I don’t understand the continued resistance towards him by some. Nearly every game he’s played for us he’s been involved in goals.

Even when he’s poor he is a constant threat as his only thought is to attack through goals or assists, the sort of player we’ve lacked for ages. Has solid technique to go alongside his end product.

Plenty to work on of course but we look a better side when he’s in it. 

4 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

I don’t understand the continued resistance towards him by some. Nearly every game he’s played for us he’s been involved in goals.

Even when he’s poor he is a constant threat as his only thought is to attack through goals or assists, the sort of player we’ve lacked for ages. Has solid technique to go alongside his end product.

Plenty to work on of course but we look a better side when he’s in it. 

I think some people held (still hold?) a grudge against him because he replaced the ever so exciting but not productive ASM.

Not wanting to pick a fight on Barnes, especially today. But focusing on his goal numbers as being outright justification for playing him is the same argument for having Kevin Nolan in the team. There's more to it than that. And I say that as a fan of Nolan's back in the day.

And as I say, credit it to him, he gave us a good deal more than just an assist today.

Edited by 80

54 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Would love to see him start on the left with Gordon on the right. Get Willock in midfield too and we have players who can hurt anyone.

Tonali Bruno Willock

Gordon Isak Barnes

While we haven't got a RW yet.

If that clicks, that's pretty dangerous until January.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Tonali Bruno Willock

Gordon Isak Barnes

While we haven't got a RW yet.

If that clicks, that's pretty dangerous until January.

Joelinton has to play surely for our style of play?

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Joelinton has to play surely for our style of play?

I don't think so, personally, but I understand I'm in the minority when it comes to Big Joe. :lol: 

I just want people on the pitch that can move the ball. 

Edited by cubaricho

Just now, cubaricho said:

I don't think so, personally, but I understand I'm in the minority when it comes to Big Joe. :lol: 

I just want people on the pitch that can move the ball. 

Definitely understand that view, but with the way Howe wants us to play I think Joelinton is a must.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Definitely understand that view, but with the way Howe wants us to play I think Joelinton is a must.

After the last two games I'm not sure how he wants us to play.

2 hours ago, 80 said:

Not wanting to pick a fight on Barnes, especially today. But focusing on his goal numbers as being outright justification for playing him is the same argument for having Kevin Nolan in the team. There's more to it than that. And I say that as a fan of Nolan's back in the day.

And as I say, credit it to him, he gave us a good deal more than just an assist today.

Barnes is a far better player than he's given credit for. I was definitely guilty of it thinking his game was just about cutting in and shooting, or the early ball behind the defence for the striker. He's so much more than that.