Harvey Barnes

khay

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

It was an opportunity though wasn't it? I don't think Barnes is the player I'm looking at and thinking we could have chosen a different position to spend our money on. For that I'd probably say just going all in on Guehi and not pivoting to an RW much earlier. 

Aye, although I don’t think we signed him to be an impact sub. I just think Howe doesn’t know how to use him and Gordon in the same 11. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Aye, although I don’t think we signed him to be an impact sub. I just think Howe doesn’t know how to use him and Gordon in the same 11. 

If the Amazon documentary is anything to go by, Gordon was originally our RW signing. Easy to say with hindsight but if Barnes doesn't break his toe last season we probably would have seen more of him left, Gordon right.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If the Amazon documentary is anything to go by, Gordon was originally our RW signing. Easy to say with hindsight but if Barnes doesn't break his toe last season we probably would have seen more of him left, Gordon right.

Hopefully we see some more of it over next couple of months. Got to be worth persisting with until January at least.

Gordon had just spent 6 months looking like an average champo player when we signed Barnes, mind. We didn't know whether he was going to play left or right for us either. In hindsight it does look like we could've spent our money better though. 

5 minutes ago, Smal said:

Gordon had just spent 6 months looking like an average champo player when we signed Barnes, mind. We didn't know whether he was going to play left or right for us either. In hindsight it does look like we could've spent our money better though. 

I don't remember this period :lol:

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't remember this period :lol:

the 6 months after Gordon signed? He was shocking imo :lol:. The good U21 Euros he had really turned it round for him. 

1 hour ago, Smal said:

the 6 months after Gordon signed? He was shocking imo :lol:. The good U21 Euros he had really turned it round for him. 

Never felt he was shocking tbh. Even when he wasn't getting loads of assists or goals, he decent just because he would run at defences and open them up, and also run back and cover for 90mins.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Never felt he was shocking tbh. Even when he wasn't getting loads of assists or goals, he decent just because he would run at defences and open them up, and also run back and cover for 90mins.

I remember thinking 'I'm not sure what he does' and that we've spunked a lot of money on someone who doesnt look elite. Proved me wrong. 

34 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don’t remember him running back much. If anything it was the opposite because, by his own admission, he was really unfit.