Harvey Barnes

khay

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Needed to upgrade RW for about 6 windows now. Guess we see Gordon being able to play there.

can’t see another singer coming in. Partly why this is underwhelming. Gonna be another season of mostly Almiron down the right with his one foot

I’d rather have miggy down the right than a singer 😊

3 minutes ago, cranna said:

So, it's going to be Gordon, Murphy, Barnes and Almiron on the wings?

That's a big contrast with the level of the midfield with Tonali, Bruno and Joelinton.

Unless Gordon develops into something we haven't seen yet, the midfielders will have to score a good amount of goals to make the team competitive.

barnes and Almiron hit like 20+ between them last season…Joelinton and willock combined for like 10?

1 minute ago, cranna said:

So, it's going to be Gordon, Murphy, Barnes and Almiron on the wings?

That's a big contrast with the level of the midfield with Tonali, Bruno and Joelinton.

Unless Gordon develops into something we haven't seen yet, the midfielders will have to score a good amount of goals to make the team competitive.

each one of them is going to score at least 7 in the league I reckon.

you’re also missing little Joe who will play there at times and I can see him getting 5+

Isak and Wilson 15 each.

there’s 63 goals before you get to the midfield trio, defenders and the odd one or two from the rest of the squad

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Willock will be very unlucky not to play a lot of minutes, he was amazing. 

The Big Joe / Little Joe Combo ain’t going away either imo. It’ll be used situationally. 

16 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

A lot of Leicester fans on Foxes talk saying they wanted to keep him:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/131904-barnes/page/83/#elShareItem_1265188276_menu

Taking it well…

“The absolute ****ing indignity of losing a player of his calibre - or ANY player - to a club like Newcastle, even without their disgusting owners - should encourage us to pursue legal action against Everton, Man City and then the Premier League. The whole criminal enterprise needs tearing down.”

Bit fed up hearing about Barnes being some super goalscorer too. He got 2 more than miggy last season and the season before he got 6. 

he’ll get my support of course but some people are falling over themselves to convince themselves he’s class. He’s a decent premier league player. Nothing more 

that being said I hope I’m wrong of course

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Bit fed up hearing about Barnes being some super goalscorer too. He got 2 more than miggy last season and the season before he got 6. 

he’ll get my support of course but some people are falling over themselves to convince themselves he’s class. He’s a decent premier league player. Nothing more 

6 goals but 10 assists in the season before last, 9 goals the season before that. You can’t argue his stats are impressive.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Every time I've seen him play he's looked more than decent like. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Taking it well…

“The absolute ****ing indignity of losing a player of his calibre - or ANY player - to a club like Newcastle, even without their disgusting owners - should encourage us to pursue legal action against Everton, Man City and then the Premier League. The whole criminal enterprise needs tearing down.”

There's a couple who post on here that are ok but I think they're a strange bunch on the whole. Watching them interviewed on the Tyneside Life match day video last year, their indignance at losing to us was noticeable. As a club, they had a few interesting seasons in the 90s, but they did virtually nothing of note before 2016, then had a brilliant 5 years. Now they're a championship club which they've been for large swathes of their history. For some reason, they have a "but but we're a top club" vibe about their support.

Getting a quality LB is everything now. 

We all want a RW for the billionth season in a row but LB has to come next then hopefully a CB and maybe we can squeeze another RW/CAM in. 

We can probably get through to January with Miggy/Murphy and even the likes of Gordon/Willock willing in at RW, maybe even Ashby. Depth does seem a bit glaringly weak looking at that list though. CB isn't much different if more than one of Botman/Schar get injured. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

“2 more than Miggy” is a very weird way to write off 13 PL goals. 

It’s not like when everyone bangs on about how it’s a purple patch for miggy, that we need to replace him and he’s so one footed. Yet Barnes scores two more than him and he’s amazing, better than Maddison etc etc 

Edited by gdm

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

34 league goals in 4 seasons as a wide player is a very good return.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I do love a “I think he’s shit but I hope he’s actually good” post. Cover the bases son, cover the bases.

Why would anyone hope he’s shite ffs :lol:

Just now, Shearergol said:

I do love a “I think he’s shit but I hope he’s actually good” post. Cover the bases son, cover the bases.

I'm not saying he will be good for us, he might not, but I think he has the potential to be great here.

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

Got double figures either goals or assists for his whole Leicester career. I mean its up to you if you rate him or not, but his numbers are very good.