Harvey Barnes

khay

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Taking it well…

“The absolute ****ing indignity of losing a player of his calibre - or ANY player - to a club like Newcastle, even without their disgusting owners - should encourage us to pursue legal action against Everton, Man City and then the Premier League. The whole criminal enterprise needs tearing down.”

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Lads, you got relegated. 

Right? :lol: maybe don’t be so shit next time.

“I want him to do well, and I think he’ll do well, but I also think he’ll be shit, and I want everyone to know that I thought he might be shit. Unless he does well, which is what I wanted and also what I thought.”

Edited by Deuce

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s not like when everyone bangs on about how it’s a purple patch for miggy, that we need to replace him and he’s so one footed. Yet Barnes scores two more than him and he’s amazing, better than Maddison etc etc 

Well fair enough, FWIW I also think Miggy is mint. 

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

Bit fed up hearing about Barnes being some super goalscorer too. He got 2 more than miggy last season and the season before he got 6. 

he’ll get my support of course but some people are falling over themselves to convince themselves he’s class. He’s a decent premier league player. Nothing more 

that being said I hope I’m wrong of course

Man, do you see the irony of your post? [emoji38]

Someone could quite as easily say they're fed up of all your posts saying you aren't impressed by this deal, and that you're falling over yourself convincing yourself hes not class.

Edited by Hhtoon

I am very excited, not for the player that Barnes is, but for the player he's going to become under EH. We have seen remarkable improvements in players many had already consigned to the NUFC bin pre-Howe. I cannot wait to see this lad with proper coaching reach his full potential.

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

Bit fed up hearing about Barnes being some super goalscorer too. He got 2 more than miggy last season and the season before he got 6. 

he’ll get my support of course but some people are falling over themselves to convince themselves he’s class. He’s a decent premier league player. Nothing more 

that being said I hope I’m wrong of course

That’sa fair point - I’ve been too tough on miggy as I did say it was a purple patch a lot.

3 minutes ago, Deuce said:

“I want him to do well, and I think he’ll do well, but I also think he’ll be shit, and I want everyone to know that I thought he might be shit. Unless he does well, which is what I wanted and also what I thought.”

:lol:

Absolute mustard when's he's on it, but not often enough

Great player on his day, absolute knack for pin point strokey finishes. Very important for the team over the last 4/5 years. But also very one dimensional, no defensive nous.

Good riddance. Soft as shite

7t3uhp.jpg

Edited by Kid Icarus

10 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Well quite, nobody would, kinda the point I’m making. If you think he’ll be shit, die on that hill. Own it.

That makes no sense :lol:

“I think he’s shit so I hope he turns out to be shit so I’m not wrong on Newcastle-online” :lol: mental.

also haven’t seen anyone say he’s shit tbh. He’s a decent player as I’ve said a few times. Just not Champions league quality and imo wouldn’t get in to any of other top 5/6 sides. 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Man, do you see the irony of your post? [emoji38]

Someone could quite as easily say they're fed up of all your posts saying you aren't impressed by this deal and it'd mean, and that you're falling over yourself convincing yourself hes not class.

I don’t really care what someone says about my posts. It’s just my opinion. 

I mean nobody knows players better than the fans of the club he played for. So yeah, i'm sure he could be a frustrating player for them at times, if they say that, I believe it. I also believe his growth and potential was stunted under Rodgers and he'll now play for a club on the up and a brilliant coaching staff and better players. 

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

I am very excited, not for the player that Barnes is, but for the player he's going to become under EH. We have seen remarkable improvements in players many had already consigned to the NUFC bin pre-Howe. I cannot wait to see this lad with proper coaching reach his full potential.

Good luck with that wish, we are sad to see one of our own leave us,but we have seen him freeze within 5 minutes if he's facing Kyle walker or better.Its our own fault for letting Rogers have too much say thus ruining our club.

We will be back good luck for next season hope it works for you and our Harvey.

23 minutes ago, cranna said:

So, it's going to be Gordon, Murphy, Barnes and Almiron on the wings?

That's a big contrast with the level of the midfield with Tonali, Bruno and Joelinton.

Unless Gordon develops into something we haven't seen yet, the midfielders will have to score a good amount of goals to make the team competitive.

I mean we're only minus Maxi from last season and adding Barnes and Tonali. So in theory we should be better as Maxi didn't actually contribute huge goal and assist numbers and the team was still very competitive last season.

But with hopefully going far in many competitions, we will have more games so I agree we will need some people to increase their numbers. Hoping for more goals from Willock this year for example as his finishing at times was the only negative in a great season.

Its like Platoon in here

"a civil war in the platoon, half the men with Elias (ASM), half with Barnes. There's a lot of suspicion and hate. I can't believe we're fighting each other'

Just now, Monkeyfox said:

Good luck with that wish, we are sad to see one of our own leave us,but we have seen him freeze within 5 minutes if he's facing Kyle walker or better.Its our own fault for letting Rogers have too much say thus ruining our club.

We will be back good luck for next season hope it works for you and our Harvey.

Understandable and it's a shit side effect of relegation, like continuously getting kicked in the nuts. once the season starts, it'll fade. Gone through it lots of times. Good luck in a swift return, you're receiving shedloads of money, better spend it wisely.

1 minute ago, Jonas said:

Its like Platoon in here

"a civil war in the platoon, half the men with Elias (ASM), half with Barnes. There's a lot of suspicion and hate. I can't believe we're fighting each other'

You must think he’s ‘class’ and if you don’t, don’t dare share that opinion

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

6 goals but 10 assists in the season before last, 9 goals the season before that. You can’t argue his stats are impressive.

That's what his clubs fans seem to pick on though, his stats suggest he's a a 40m, maybe 50m player but that the stats aren't everything. They call him frustrating, inconsistent, and defensively naive. 

Need a lot of persuading that he'll be better than Maxi, especially in the chances he'll provide for others which Maxi has become much more consistent with.

Wish him well of course, but remain gutted that we're losing a player that has been such an absolute joy to see on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Its like Platoon in here

Loved Elias, hated Barnes. Fuck i'm conflicted now. Thanks mate.

4 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I mean nobody knows players better than the fans of the club he played for. So yeah, i'm sure he could be a frustrating player for them at times, if they say that, I believe it. I also believe his growth and potential was stunted under Rodgers and he'll now play for a club on the up and a brilliant coaching staff and better players. 

Maybe, loads of people on here weren't massive fans of Winjaldum.  Who they still haven't replaced.

10 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Seeing a lot of "good player but frustrating and tends to go missing"

Kinda reminds me of someone else.

It’s almost like they’ve watched him every game for last few seasons