Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Listen.  I’m delighted. We ended up smashing them. Overall great performance. 

When we lose. I don’t think we are terrible and think everyone is shit. There’s usually positives to take. 

When we win. I don’t think we are the best team in the world and all our players are elite.  There’s usually things that can be improved. 

Never too up.  Never too down. 

Then why does every post read like Marvin the Paranoid Android on Ketamine? You’ve also been relentlessly negative regarding our transfer business

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

There was weak spots to the performance imo.  

Bruno - was just bad. 
Miggy was average but worked hard. 
Midfield - need a little time to gel especially in transition. A few times we lost the ball and had nobody at DM and Villa were straight onto our back line. Over time I think that will improve. 

AT 3-1 we kept building with 3 at the back and Trippier super high.  And a few times we were caught out a few times and could’ve conceded. Trippier is slow running back. It’s a calculated risk but one I felt was unnecessary. 

we look susceptible defensively in general. Granted Villa have real talent.

The way we play, we are often defending with 3. Our back 3 is decent at slowing the opposition down for the others to get back. But none of the 3 are particularly good defending 1v1. That’s where we could do with an upgrade.  

I thought Cash had Burn on toast when he moved into midfield. 

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and all that but I'm really struggling with this lot!

"Bruno was just bad." Sorry like but that's just not true at all. He didn't have his best game for us but he was far from bad.

In my 30 years supporting the club, this is the best team and squad that I've ever seen.

Incredible sense of pride being at the game and around the city.

Popped to the ground again late last night looking at where I've been coming for about 20 years. Gotta love this place.

Edited by Toon_Crazy

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Bruno was not bad ffs :lol: 

I thought he gave it away too often. Nabbed on the ball. A bit slow getting around. He was 2-3 levels off his best and the worst player on our team imo. Stupid yellow too. 

He’s Bruno G. He can play miles better.  He’s meant to be our best passer and he was the worst passer yesterday.  Hopefully is just a lack of sharpness.  He was off the pace. 

Edited by The College Dropout

Is getting no signal in the stadium unique to SJP or does it happen at other grounds?

Only time I've ever had the same thing was at the end of the GReat North run when there were loads of people trying to get a signal in close proximity

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Is getting no signal in the stadium unique to SJP or does it happen at other grounds?

Only time I've ever had the same thing was at the end of the GReat North run when there were loads of people trying to get a signal in close proximity

Happens at other grounds too. As you say it's due to the amount of people in one area pulling from the network.

Tends to be OK at smaller lower league grounds but big grounds I have issues. Couldn't get anything at Ibrox for example.

Edited by ponsaelius

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Think generally any major event you will struggle to get signal, just due to the amount of people in one place, and the bandwidth available, its the same at a lot of gigs etc.

Edited by 54

27 minutes ago, joeyt said:

My phone struggles on Barrack Road even on non match days, pages take ages to load, texts don't send etc. I know someone who works in Shearers and they can't get a signal in the majority of the bar when there's no match on.

Edited by madras

37 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I’m with 02 and they used to be great. In the ground it was shit, but before the 5G iPhone’s came out, you could switch to 3G manually and get a signal. Now you can’t, and you can’t get a signal.

02 in Newcastle, even on non-match days is bad now. On Northumberland Street you can get a signal, but you can’t load a webpage, and it doesn’t even have to be busy.

Edited by Stifler

41 minutes ago, 54 said:

Think generally any major event you will struggle to get signal, just due to the amount of people in one place, and the bandwidth available, its the same at a lot of gigs etc.

I’m with ee and generally it is excellent but is terrible for any events exactly for this reason.  For the f1 I got a smarty sim(uses the orange network).  Three seems to do better.  Maybe as there are less people on the network.  I could stream the cricket whilst in a grandstand. 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

I'm with Giff Gaff and couldn't get any signal when i was in the town last month. Had to get my friends to check the cricket score for me. And i mean like you're going to go into that much detail with fucking charts and shit when you're at the game. He'd be still sitting there at midnight the bellend :lol:

5 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

I'm with Giff Gaff and couldn't get any signal when i was in the town last month. Had to get my friends to check the cricket score for me. And i mean like you're going to go into that much detail with fucking charts and shit when you're at the game. He'd be still sitting there at midnight the bellend :lol:

Aye, Giffgaff uses the 02 network.

They clearly need more masts in Newcastle, and that’s without match day usage.

They have a total no coverage spot in North Tyneside concerning Northumberland Park/Holystone. You can’t even tell them about it because their report function just says that they have a mast down in the area. I mean it must literally be down, because it’s been the same for the 11 years I’ve been with them.

I actually switched to 02 because I was with Orange, before they turned to EE, and everywhere I went I had no signal, and I mean everywhere, even in the centre of London.