Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 19/08/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Still 18/5 for us to win or 23/20 for the double chance, might be worth a cheeky drop. Got a good feeling about this one which means it's going to bother me even more when we get our customary defeat tomorrow :lol:

A lot has been made of their tight turnaround from Wednesday. It won't do us any harm them planning for and travelling to a game in midweek and may well be a factor and it might have been compassionate to have scheduled this played on Sunday or Monday as they were representing the Premier League in a one off match, but they'll have more recovery time than they often do after European matches. If you play in the Europa League on a Thursday night, your following league game, if scheduled at 3pm on Saturday, will get moved to 2pm on the Sunday, so 6 hours less recovery, and a Wednesday-Saturday combo following a Champions League match is perfectly normal.

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

A lot has been made of their tight turnaround from Wednesday. It won't do us any harm them planning for and travelling to a game in midweek and may well be a factor and it might have been compassionate to have scheduled this played on Sunday or Monday as they were representing the Premier League in a one off match, but they'll have more recovery time than they often do after European matches. If you play in the Europa League on a Thursday night, your following league game, if scheduled at 3pm on Saturday, will get moved to 2pm on the Sunday, so 6 hours less recovery, and a Wednesday-Saturday combo following a Champions League match is perfectly normal.

Lucky they’re not up against a very fit, aggressive, high pressing team! 

We've come in to 16/5 at SkyBet, just over 3/1. Who would have thought you'd ever see those type of odds 2 years ago. We were even around 16/1 just 18 months ago under Howe at the back end of the 2021/22 season when we were doing well and they had just lost to Real Madrid in the CL.

Seems a bit surreal seeing the odds so short.

Edited by Paullow

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

We've come in to 16/5 at SkyBet, just over 3/1. Who would have thought you'd ever see those type of odds 2 years ago. We were even around 16/1 just 18 months ago under Howe at the back end of the 2021/22 season. Seems a bit surreal.

We’re reaching critical mass. An unstoppable train. Our destiny awaits. Nobody is knocking us off our trajectory. It’s beautiful! :smitten:

“It’s a bad time for Manchester City to play Newcastle United” just now on NBC. 

Then they went on waxing poetic about how good we are front to back. 

I prefer to be under the radar but it doesn’t suck to hear our club being talked about like that. 

11 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

“It’s a bad time for Manchester City to play Newcastle United” just now on NBC. 

Then they went on waxing poetic about how good we are front to back. 

I prefer to be under the radar but it doesn’t suck to hear our club being talked about like that. 

Reality can only be denied for so long! 

£10.00

£149.43

6 Folds (x1)

@14.94

Bruno Guimaraes - Player To Attempt 30 Or More Passes

Sandro Tonali - Player To Attempt 30 Or More Passes

Harvey Barnes - Player Shots on Target 1 or More

Joelinton - Player Shown a Card

Over 3.5 Corners - Away Total Corners 3.5

Alexander Isak - Player Shots on Target 1 or More

It is a great time to be playing City. Stones, Silva and KdB out, with Dias potentially joining them, they played midweek and they've not hit their groove yet.

At the same time, they're the best team in Europe, with the best striker in world football. I think we'll give them a game, but any kind of result is a big ask: 2-1.

FPL rumours are often the first place where you'll hear about team news long before anywhere else.

Trippier has Schar starting in his team and Longstaff has Isak starting in his, along with himself (Longstaff) on the bench. So make of that what you will but that sounds like an unchanged team to me.

Also, Fabians Schar has Gordon starting in his team, so I'd say that's fairly conclusive.

Edited by Mazzy

12 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Stuart Pearce, who has loyalty to/positive feelings about both clubs, not only fancies us to win on Saturday, but fancies us to win the league this season. (Heard him on TalkSport). 

Good player, poor manager, and a bit of a tw*t.   When the final whistle went in the CL final in Istanbul other commentators punched the air in relief but Pearce had a face like his dog had died.  You can claim him as a new fan but see item 3 above.

Edited by Sky Blue

24 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

FPL rumours are often the first place where you'll hear about team news long before anywhere else.

Trippier has Schar starting in his team and Longstaff has Isak starting in his, along with himself (Longstaff) on the bench. So make of that what you will but that sounds like an unchanged team to me.

Also, Fabians Schar has Gordon starting in his team, so I'd say that's fairly conclusive.

I feel like having yourself on your own FPL team is a bit whack. Like, it can't be good for your confidence to bench yourself right?

I know he's not fit right now but in general can you imagine going into a tough away game and being like, "nah I don't fancy me mate" and benching yourself?

They have injuries across the spine of their team, almost-certain fatigue from a midweek game, a manager feeling the need to rally the fans to be a 12th man; meanwhile we are flying, full of confidence, well rested, and in a perfect position to go there and cause an upset.

Disappointing 2-0 defeat incoming.