Lewis Hall

Paully

8 hours ago, gbandit said:

Aye, less of that. Neither Krafth nor Manquillo deserve any disdain

None of our players do tbh. I’ve seen a fair bit of vitriol thrown at Fraser lately, based exclusively on rumor.

Didn't watch Chelsea a lot last season but I remember a few times (even against us I think) seeing him play and thinking to myself wow he looks a real talent. 

Same vibes as seeing Lewis Miley, Evan Feguson and Rico Lewis play. Kids who just slot straight in at the highest level and make it look effortless. True Football Manager "Wonderkid" status. 

Hope this gets done real soon. 

Edited by Scotty66

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

Good point. Let's do better:

"Has the cunt made the trip up for his medical yet?"

Wasn’t quite a grammatical point I was making but I think you got that. 

Just now, elbee909 said:

It's just how people talk. Esp. in the likes of the UK, Scotland, Australia, it's practically used as an ironic term of affection. 

No offence intended but that’s utter bollocks. I’m an English teacher and that’s one word that’s rarely used. Let’s give a little linguistic respect to our new boy eh? 

1 minute ago, PhilT said:

No offence intended but that’s utter bollocks. I’m an English teacher and that’s one word that’s rarely used. Let’s give a little linguistic respect to our new boy eh? 

Being an English teacher doesn't make you an expert in dialect. It wouldn't take being out on the town for long in Newcastle to hear exactly what I mean! There's zero disrespect intended to Hall in the original posting - it's a forum meme, 'this cunt arrived yet?'. 

I suspect it isn't in English lessons :lol: Although when I taught English I had to teach a phrase other than "you can't...". The Japanese pronunciation of it meant that the word cunt was in fact used in English lessons.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

Being an English teacher doesn't make you an expert in dialect. It wouldn't take being out on the town for long in Newcastle to hear exactly what I mean! There's zero disrespect intended to Hall in the original posting - it's a forum meme, 'this cunt arrived yet?'. 

Okay mate. Take your point. Perhaps it’s more of a generational thing. ?

1 minute ago, PhilT said:

Okay mate. Take your point. Perhaps it’s more of a generational thing. ?

No problem, you old cu... codger. ;)

(Shite I'm 46 this doesn't work)

Edited by elbee909

2 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

No problem, you old cu... codger. ;)

(Shite I'm 46 this doesn't work)

I’m 49 in around 5 minutes mate. Really feeling my age reading some of these posts. ?

11 minutes ago, PhilT said:

I’m 49 in around 5 minutes mate. Really feeling my age reading some of these posts. ?

Happy birthday. But yeah, it's just a (deliberately crap) forum meme. Don't much like it either, but it's meant to be tongue in cheek.

Edited by Abacus