Lewis Hall

Paully

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I'm guessing they see Krafth / Livramento maybe as enough RCB cover. Obviously they've more confidence in Lascelles than I thought (to be fair maybe he's improved loads too, might be nice to see).

I do think out captain fantastic gets underrated a wee bit on here. He’s perfectly suitable as a fourth choice center back.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

I do think out captain fantastic gets underrated a wee bit on here. He’s perfectly suitable as a fourth choice center back.

Aye, he's very much proven to be a solid PL centre back. He was excellent at times under Rafa when it came to doing the basics. 

Fucking fantastic news.

Keeping fingers crossed for a fairly injury-free season, but reasonably confident we've got enough squad depth and quality to compete across several fronts this year.

Another goalscoring RW would be the icing on the cake

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I'm guessing they see Krafth / Livramento maybe as enough RCB cover. Obviously they've more confidence in Lascelles than I thought (to be fair maybe he's improved loads too, might be nice to see).

Lascelles will work this year, next signings will probably be a quality(and expensive) RCB and RW who are good enough to replace Schär and Almiron over time. Im fine with those positions not getting prioritized this window. 

This deal is Boiling the piss of Chelsea fans.,

Chelsea fans are not happy that Lewis Hall is leaving

Following news that Newcastle have agreed a £28million fee to sign Hall from Chelsea, plenty of Blues fans have taken to social media to express their discontent.

One fan tweeted: “I really do think we’ll regret selling Lewis Hall. He’ll smash it for Newcastle under Eddie Howe.”

Another posted: “My biggest gripe about selling Lewis Hall is the message it is now sending. In a turmoil season and poor team, Hall was actually one of the better players for Chelsea in the handful of games he played last season. His reward? Being sold a week after being offered a new long-term contract, instead of being shown a pathway and convinced of his future at the club.”  “I’m gutted about Lewis Hall. I do believe we could have handled this differently, whether he wants to go or not,”

a third fan wrote. “Michael Olise off, Reece James injured, Lewis Hall being sold.. what a terrible day,”

another Chelsea supporter added.

“Selling Lewis Hall would be a KDB/Salah level of a mistake. We cannot let this happen,”

Finally, a fifth Blues supporter added: “I’m not ready to watch Hall and Livramento rip it up at Newcastle.”

Edited by prefabtoon

It really does just go to show that money alone's not everything like. Chelsea have spent an ungodly amount of money but I can honestly say that if I was a Chelsea fan I wouldn't be happy with any of it. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

10 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Oh me too - I thought they didn't rate him is what I meant, as he barely had a kick last year. I'll always have a massive soft spot for Lascelles, can't wish him anything other than positive vibes. I'm personally fine with him as 4th choice CB but thought the coaching staff disagreed with me.

If he's having his medical today any normal club would see him officially announced tomorrow but with us it'll probably be next Thursday. 

Although, with it technically being a loan perhaps it'll be a quicker turnaround than we've been used to.

Well that's that then. Glad to see it confirmed MANDATORY.

We can close the Transfer Rumour thread now and open the long awaited Premier League Title Race thread instead.

Edited by Mazzy

Noice Thats Nice GIF

LB was the once area of the squad I felt we were lacking so chuffed we've got someone in, especially so seeing the Chelsea fans' reactions. Wasn't expecting this after the Livramento signing. Hope he can hit the ground running, despite his age.

Win-win for the likes of Edwards really. He can publish reams of absolute bullshit to generate engagement, which it does. If he's completely wrong then nobody cares.

Obviously he adds no value to anything but we already knew that. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

26 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Course he is and you're being polite. There's some proper fucking NEDS among our ranks 😉