Lewis Hall

Paully

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

It's based on last season, the season before that and the season before that again. Two examples that has occurred once each hardly breaks with his general reluctance to rotate unless absolutely needed.

This is probably my only criticism on Howe since he joined. Hall should have got more minutes when we had that injury crisis. He was getting minutes for Chelsea in the previous season, so he clearly has ability even if he wasn't at peak fitness. 

7 hours ago, Conjo said:

It's based on last season, the season before that and the season before that again. Two examples that has occurred once each hardly breaks with his general reluctance to rotate unless absolutely needed.

My post was about last season and it seems like he was rotating until the injuries and suspension kicked in. 

He brought Murphy in for Miggy in Milan (so the front three had all been rotated) then Tonali got suspended, Willock was injured so Midfield was harder to rotate. 

The one where people have a point is there were opportunities to rest Trippier when he started looking tired but maybe he wanted him in there because we were so short and needed the leadership and structure he gives.

On 02/08/2024 at 02:25, CPL said:

This is probably my only criticism on Howe since he joined. Hall should have got more minutes when we had that injury crisis. He was getting minutes for Chelsea in the previous season, so he clearly has ability even if he wasn't at peak fitness. 

Didn't Lewis say in the interview he was way off what he needed to be.

Just needs to be a little more disciplined if he is to play LB long term. Got a little too eager and got sucked out of position for their first today.

He's so comfortable on the ball and a great eye for a pass.

16 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Just needs to be a little more disciplined if he is to play LB long term. Got a little too eager and got sucked out of position for their first today.

He's so comfortable on the ball and a great eye for a pass.

This is my concern with him. Still think he needs to develop defensively.

He should get there in time. Very much attack minded at the minute though, and good at it.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Definitely looked like he was stepping into midfield in possession tonight.

The lad has a massive future ahead of him.

Aye, so much potential due to how flexible he is - wand of a foot to stick wide & cross and has the composure to step into mid if we're struggling to control possession. Shows a surprising turn of pace too.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Definitely looked like he was stepping into midfield in possession tonight.

The lad has a massive future ahead of him.

First half it was very noticeable how he'd take up specific positions in midfield when BDB had the ball, so we either had an overload in the middle or BDB had a free pass to Gordon.

We're evolving tactically and we've got the players to do it. Always geek out when we've got a "new move" 😂

Hope he’s ok. Was hobbling for a few mins holding his hip or groin, not sure which. He can be immense for us this season. Eddie didn’t take him off so presume he’s ok.

He’s becoming the complete LB package (and looks more than handy at cm). His core stability/balance and upper body strength is unreal and on top of it he’s got the brain and game iq. Fitness has improved dramatically. And he’s only 19.

1 minute ago, janpawel said:

How was he in the second half? Wasn't impressed first half and missed from 50mins onwards 

Got really loose with his passing. Played us into trouble a few times.

Just now, janpawel said:

How was he in the second half? Wasn't impressed first half and missed from 50mins onwards 

:notbad:

Just looked constantly exposed 1 on 1 and did a couple of really silly things in possession. Good learning lesson for him. The game just wasn't set up to highlight his strengths.

No other way to say it - he was a bit of a liability today. Defensively he wasn't bad but when we needed to stay calm or break he was all over the place with his passing. He's young and there's clearly some potential there but it wasn't a good day for him. 

Still a little way off by the looks of it. Made some very poor basic decisions on the ball that almost cost us. Think he'll get there, but is maybe a bit further away from it than I thought.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Think it was his head more than anything, seemed like he wanted to be positive all the time but was rushing it a bit. He’s class and will show it 

Yeah, I hope he'll watch that back and make the necessary adjustments. Still a top baller.

10 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Even worse in 2nd half. He kept trying to pass it off first time and just giving it away 

2 minutes ago, kenlau88210 said:

I thought Kelly played very well. Great at 1 on 1 defending. 

I got a fair bit of cheek for suggesting Kelly was best placed to start at left back due to his defensive ability and experience.

He's just much further along in that regard, while still being comfortable on the ball and useful going forward.

Hall looks best placed to be a sub for now while he develops further defensively. He's only 19 and has all the time in the world.

For now he seems to be a more attack minded player that is great going forward, but defensively, still needs some growth.