Manchester City 1-0 Newcastle United (19/08/23)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I’ve got no issue with supporters of other teams on the board and it makes for good interaction throughout the season but coming on the morning after an evening kick off we lost to say how disappointed they are in us shows zero etiquette and no social awareness.

Should fuck people off like that.

Don't be precious, man. It's hardly a slagging. 

Claiming there's a media agenda against them, on the other hand...

Only joking, Maineblue. Though it does prove that, if yous can claim an agenda, basically everyone can. 

4 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Hopefully, Howe and the players wake up dissapointed today and do what they normally do when they are dissapointed by turning up and putting in a great performance in the next match.

I´m dissapointed. I´m glad that they also seems to be that. What makes me most dissapointed though is that we mentally dosen´t seems up for it in games like this. A lot of players, like Almerion dosen´t have it, to raise to the occasion.

a learning curve I guess..

10 minutes ago, Manxst said:

you’ve been charged with 115 offences. You only ‘got off’ previously with similar charges because UEFA were time barred from taking action, not that you were found innocent. It’s long been rumoured that you paid managers through other Middle Eastern companies to inflate wages and not declare the correct figures in account. You have unknown people laying large quantities of cash into the accounts (£30m). But aye, nothing untoward or bent going on at all. 

https://talksport.com/football/1481522/man-city-accused-accepting-illicit-payment-leaked-uefa-report/amp/

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12804623/man-city-premier-league-charges-explained-what-are-they-what-could-punishment-be-whats-the-timescale

Look mate I’m not going to get so far into it yeah because I’m on you’re supporter forum, all I’m going to say is - most of them 115 charges are for paperwork going in late - like if you’re late with a tax return if you are self employed so don’t read too much into that, the main charge they are accusing us of is under table payments to Mancini after he got sacked, which Mancini denies and the PL have no evidence of.

As a City fan our Transfer Account was hacked by Liverpool FC no charge from the PL against LFC 

Man Utd have accounts in there name in the Cayman Islands - no charges regarding this against Utd.

Chairmen Khaldoun has said and reassured City fans that all our paperwork is in order and it’s upto the PL to find us guilty- and I’m confident about this.

31 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Go on explain to me how City are bent as fuck ?

You weren't found innocent with UEFA you just got out of the CL ban via a technicality (time barred).  Hence why it was reduced to a fine - but the club was still found guilty if it.  Personally I don't agree with FFP rules, they are clearly there to protect the income of the established teams however, they exist so all the all the clubs have to follow the rules.  Let's see if the PL can fair better than UEFA but they are basically fighting a state with endless resources.

Edited by duo

Not so long ago we'd have felt anything below a 3-0 dusting away to City as a victory.

Howe and the team certainly won't be patting themselves on the back losing and not scoring, but testament to be had everyone (club and fans) is disappointed losing 1-0. 

The FA Cup match during Covid at home, where Bruce parked 10 men on edge of our box was eye-gouging to watch. Thought we were actually competitive last night. Certainly no shame in losing 1-0 to Man City away.

Edited by Htt Since 1882

One of the charges was putting through an amount as shirt sponsors and the paperwork saying the company would pay a portion and the state would make up the rest.

17:30 onwards.

Edited by Matt1892

4 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Look mate I’m not going to get so far into it yeah because I’m on you’re supporter forum, all I’m going to say is - most of them 115 charges are for paperwork going in late - like if you’re late with a tax return if you are self employed so don’t read too much into that, the main charge they are accusing us of is under table payments to Mancini after he got sacked, which Mancini denies and the PL have no evidence of.

As a City fan our Transfer Account was hacked by Liverpool FC no charge from the PL against LFC 

Man Utd have accounts in there name in the Cayman Islands - no charges regarding this against Utd.

Chairmen Khaldoun has said and reassured City fans that all our paperwork is in order and it’s upto the PL to find us guilty- and I’m confident about this.

doesn’t sound like ‘just a paperwork issue’.

“Allegedly, they did not fully disclose the financial remunerations that were made to one of their managers over a four-year period. The suggestion is that there was a secret contract so one of the managers was getting paid much more than officially stated.

The Premier League also allege Man City didn't comply with UEFA's financial fair play rules over a five-year period. They also allege that Man City have not fully co-operated with the Premier League's investigation.”

1 minute ago, duo said:

You weren't found innocent with UEFA you just got out of the CL ban via a technicality (time barred).  Hence why it was reduced to a fine - but the club was still found guilty if it.  Personally I don't agree with FFP rules, they are clearly there to protect the income of the established teams however, they exist so all the all the clubs have to follow the rules.  Let's see if the PL can fair better than UEFA but they are basically fighting a state with endless resources.

No we were found innocent, do you really think an investigation like that with UEFA would of found us innocent on a time barred with a serious accusation like this.

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

doesn’t sound like ‘just a paperwork issue’.

“Allegedly, they did not fully disclose the financial remunerations that were made to one of their managers over a four-year period. The suggestion is that there was a secret contract so one of the managers was getting paid much more than officially stated.

The Premier League also allege Man City didn't comply with UEFA's financial fair play rules over a five-year period. They also allege that Man City have not fully co-operated with the Premier League's investigation.”

No the PL have nothing to do with the UEFA investigation and we’ve already won that case. The 115 charges are absolutely mostly to do with the paperwork going in late, I know this as fact.

Not a great performance last night but we could have easily came away with a draw. 

Wilson should have made a better pass in the 2 on 1,lots of sloppy passing which then took us 5/10 mins to get the ball back wasting a lot of energy. 

Botman was absolutely superb. 

We're getting there. 

6 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

One of the charges was putting through an amount as shirt sponsors and the paperwork saying the company would pay a portion and the state would make up the rest.

I take it you believe everything you read, that’s ok then.

43 minutes ago, Flip said:

That’s what chasing the other team does. Our pressure was dominated by their ability to keep possessionz City has this ability to control the tempo and flow of the game. It’s ridiculous, how Ederson will absorb pressure, release the ball to Rodrigo/Kovacic that are being marked with players on their backs and they’ll play a quick pass to the CBs who then opens play out to the fullbacks and all we do is run and chase shadows.

As soon as we realize we are a few years behind the best team in the world the better.

What I meant by this. Ederson and their mid killed our pressing.

Just now, Maineblue said:

No the PL have nothing to do with the UEFA investigation and we’ve already won that case. The 115 charges are absolutely mostly to do with the paperwork going in late, I know this as fact.

My reading was most of the charges were either failure to cooperate with the investigation or nondisclosure of documents. There wasn't loads in relation to actual breaches of FFP, more it was implied because of the obfuscation of the PL's investigation.

4 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

No we were found innocent, do you really think an investigation like that with UEFA would have found us innocent on a time barred with a serious accusation like this.

You weren’t ‘found innocent’. ‘Not proven’ and ‘time barred’ is nothing like ‘innocent’.

“In the end the question of whether City were guilty or not came down in no small part to an argument over whether certain breaches fell within the five-year timeframe Uefa rules stipulated.

Uefa’s legal team lost that argument at Cas. The alleged supplementing by City of payments through Etisalat, a telecommunications business, was judged time-barred. The corresponding charge regarding the Etihad payments was partially time-barred and not proven in the view of the majority of the panel. The Cas panel would decide that City had failed in their duty to cooperate, for which the club received that €10 million fine.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/06/10/uefa-give-up-fighting-man-city-dominate-champions-league/#:~:text=Uefa's legal team lost that,the majority of the panel.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

My reading was most of the charges were either failure to cooperate with the investigation or nondisclosure of documents. There wasn't loads in relation to actual breaches of FFP, more it was implied because of the obfuscation of the PL's investigation.

“City are accused of 50 breaches of providing inaccurate financial information, eight breaches in relation to manager remuneration from 2009 to 2013, 12 breaches in relation to player remuneration from 2010 to 2015, five breaches linked to UEFA financial regulations, 25 profitability and sustainability breaches and 30 breaches of assisting the Premier League investigation”

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37698153/manchester-city-premier-league-title-win-comes-looming-charges?platform=amp

13 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Can you explain the Liverpool one please? 

Not being an arse, I am genuinely interested 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Basically Ederson being so good is like an extra man for them.

Aye it was almost depressing to see how easily they played around us like. I actually thought Villa did reasonably well to pass it about the back and work an opening against our press, but Man City just play 1-2 balls and dink the ball to someone in acres of space almost every time [emoji38]

There has to be a way to limit space on the pitch against them.

5 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

Can you explain the Liverpool one please? 

Not being an arse, I am genuinely interested 

Liverpool hacked City scouting data account in 2019.

The PL didn’t get involved because LFC paid City £1m for doing it, and the PL saw that as a settlement.

There is a bit of an agenda against Man City, it's not that hard to spot.

It's complicated, not least as many stakeholders are worried about damaging the "Premier League product", so there is plenty of overt admiration also. Similar to what we're now getting.

But there's plenty of snide articles and digs about asterisks and such, and it's palpable that many are salivating for the day Man United and Liverpool assume their 'rightful places'. I don't believe they would get similar treatment in the slightest all other things being equal.

The thing about the investigation is all fair enough. But I question whether we're all more aware of that and the actions being taken BECAUSE of who the action is being taken against. Whereas against other favoured parties issues are downplayed or hushed up e.g. I have no idea about Liverpool hacking Man City - it could be nonsense or it could be them being successfully protected by biased outside parties.

So, no charge from the PL because Man City took the paltry amount of money offered as compensation and the matter didn’t even get reported for another 7 years after. Conspiracy abounds- poor Man City!