Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United: 02/09/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

37 minutes ago, Andy said:

Agree with this. Isak was very quiet yesterday, but that's often when players like him are at their most dangerous, especially as the game goes into the later stages and legs start to tire. 

It's for that reason I often wonder if it wouldn't be better starting Wilson then subbing on Isak, because he's lightning quick and could do what Darwin Nunez did to us yesterday against tiring legs.

But I realise he's our best striker so you can't really put him on the bench.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Win this and we're more or less where we'd have expected to have been.

I'd have said 5 points from the first 4 would be fine. To have 6 and to have more points than we did from these fixtures last season would be very nice. 3 straight defeats before the break would be grim though.

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I expect to see a much better effort and performance in this game. What the result will be is anyone's guess as they are a good team who's results can never really be predicted.

When did we not show effort ?

Would everyone stop saying draw. I have 0-6 written on the bairns tablet. Next door neighbour’s hedge told me. 

I do expect…or hope..to see Murphy for Miggy. ‘I would like’ to see Anderson get a start to support Wilson in attack, which would mean one of the 3 amigos being dropped….not likely to happen. Bottom line is we win 0-6. 

I would definitely like to see Hall involved or Target to start. Again it does feel that it’s not likely to happen with Burn at left-back. Faith in Eddie either way. Let’s turn this around and more forward. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

8 hours ago, GEFAFWISP said:

This forum is going to be fun if we lose or even draw at this point. All the captain hindsights already spaffing at the thought.

Less than three points would probably send this forum all the way back to the Ashley era. Just waiting for somebody to bump the relegationometer thread.

Going away this weekend and won’t see this, which I’m kinda happy about because my nerves would be shot to shit. Anything other than a defeat would be good, 3 defeats in a row would be really shit like. Could see a score draw. 

To be honest, I'm not so bothered that this game is away from home. After Sunday's disappointment, the home crowd is going to be a bit on edge. A decent result (ie anything but a defeat) would calm things down.

15 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Win this and we're more or less where we'd have expected to have been.

Draw this and we are +2 GD, people getting their knickers in a twist over the last few results maybe should be thinking, where is an improvement likely? Against Man City away of the likes of Palace at home ??‍♂️ just my thoughts obviously