Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester City (27/09/23)

Disco

So our weakened team is second best to the weakened team of the best team in the world, a few days removed from winning 8-0 and half the teams shit again and the manager being questioned.

Wonder if the roles were reversed how the players and manager would critique that level of support.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

I dont think he can surprise us as he had that monster match against Villa. Its just strange he faded after that game.

Maybe he's just not in a good headspace. New country, doesn't speak much English. We just need to give him time.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

I dont think he can surprise us as he had that monster match against Villa. Its just strange he faded after that game.

There’s been loads of stuff on podcasts and other football media stuff recently about just how much it affects a player when his home life isn’t settled. He’s young, brand new to the country, the league, the club, the climate and his teammates. He gets a totally free pass from me for a long time yet. He’s clearly totally class, we’ve already seen that but it might just take a while for us to see it consistently. 

6 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

If we performed differently, i.e open and attacking to placate observers, then they'd be right to have no belief we could win. We obviously couldn't like that.

We are at home against a weakened city side & we have a slightly weakened side out. I get that their weak side is still a very good side but it was only last season we went toe to toe with Man City at home 

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Tonali has still yet to play a significant part of a game against a team where we'd expect to dominate the ball. Give the lad a chance - poor today but writing him off is mental 

Don’t think most are writing him off but making an honest observation of his performance so far. He’s been poor in this game and average over the season so far (exempt versus Villa where he was brilliant) but that’s not to say he won’t come good in time. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Tonali must have looked good for Milan because the rest of their players are shit I guess. We’ll hammer them in the CL. Oh.

give him time ffs :lol:

Just to reiterate... Anyone talking in absolutes about Tonali are morons.

I only said he's having a bad game. Which I believe is true.