LCR4: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 01/11/23 @ 20:15 (Sky Sports)

Just now, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Would this game be then on the 1st November ?

Yes, almost certainly.

Man Utd playing on Sunday 29th and we’re playing on Sat 4th, so can’t see a Tuesday or Thursday game.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yes, almost certainly.

Man Utd playing on Sunday 29th and we’re playing on Sat 4th, so can’t see a Tuesday or Thursday game.

OK, cool, time to get my planning head on, in the vain hope that I'll be able to get a ticket.

On that front - would you think there would be the same scrutiny with tickets as there is with PL games ?

1 minute ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

OK, cool, time to get my planning head on, in the vain hope that I'll be able to get a ticket.

On that front - would you think there would be the same scrutiny with tickets as there is with PL games ?

Well if the rumoured 7k allocation turns out to be correct, they’ll be hard pushed to be checking every ticket…

3 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Can only assume it was after the draw. 

Yeah, probably, but even so, it’s still odd behaviour, to just think ‘Man Utd, ahhh, air disaster haha’. 

I mean I kind of understand (not condone obviously) when people are doing stuff like that in a juvenile attempt to wind opposition fans up, but to just randomly have that as first reaction to ‘Man Utd’? Weird.

5 hours ago, 54 said:

:lol: :lol: 

Yeah, and last season they won it by beating Nottingham, Charlton at home, Burnley at home and Villa at home (right after Emery joined).. And guess what, both of their draws this season have been home games..

"This would not be so remarkable had it not, incredibly, marked the 12th consecutive home draw for Manchester United in a domestic cup knockout fixture."

Edited by Erikse

10 hours ago, Erikse said:

Yeah, and last season they won it by beating Nottingham, Charlton at home, Burnley at home and Villa at home (right after Emery joined).. And guess what, both of their draws this season have been home games..

"This would not be so remarkable had it not, incredibly, marked the 12th consecutive home draw for Manchester United in a domestic cup knockout fixture."

Seen a stat that the probability of this happening is 0.02% yet here we are.

20 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Seen a stat that the probability of this happening is 0.02% yet here we are.

In terms of pure progression chances, I'd much rather be drawn away to a league one side than home to a Premier League side.

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

In terms of pure progression chances, I'd much rather be drawn away to a league one side than home to a Premier League side.

We've faced a Premier League side 7 rounds in a row. Last season Manchester United faced Charlton in the quarterfinals and Burnley in the 4th round (last season in the Championship), both at home. Charlton was the one draw that anyone left wanted to hit, even moreso at home. Any Premier League side could've reached the final with those fixtures. I believe Villa were not all that strong yet when you faced them at home in the 3rd round. For a Man United fan like Goldbridge to cry about the draw is insane, but maybe it's just easy to get spoiled from last seasons draws. Or maybe he is just fishing/trolling, and I'm taking the bait..

In terms of pure progression chances, drawing a League 1 side while also getting the home advantage in the quarterfinals equals maximum progression chances.

Edited by Erikse