Newcastle United vs. Paris Saint-Germain - 4/10/23 @ 8:00pm (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

13 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Being 71 my French lessons were in 1967ish and all I can remember is fermez la porte & ouvre la fenetre 

Je Suis John 

Great night ahead fingers crossed 

J'habite en Angleterre

Thats about as much as I remember.

Managed to swindle a ticket for this. 

Must say, while im excited to a degree, im also nervous. Understand the occasion and all but I hate seeing us get beat.  Joelinton and Botman are the last two players I wanted injured for this. Joelinton brings so much to the press and always seems to play well against the bigger teams. Losing Botman goes without saying. With these two id fancy us to get a result. 

You'd imagine if it was meant to be done live before the match itself they wouldn't have done it so obviously for all to see already. 

Almost certainly for a TV package before the game.

7 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

You'd imagine if it was meant to be done live before the match itself they wouldn't have done it so obviously for all to see already. 

Almost certainly for a TV package before the game.

Still need to rehearse so it looks slick! 

8 hours ago, Mbappe said:

Les étrangers jouant en Premier League rendent la ligue bonne

Mais le football anglais est aussi mauvais que jamais, comme en témoigne l'équipe nationale qui, la dernière fois qu'il a gagné quelque chose, Alex Ferguson avait 25 ans.

Où est la piscine?

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Screenshot_20231002-120613.png

If only our new friend could put deux et deux together and work out that the reason this is the case is that no-one gives a shite about Ligue 1 outside of France - which is why the revenues are so much lower.

PSG has a catchment area of 12m with no other top flight clubs near them, yet have only sold out their home games for the last few seasons.  So not that many in France give much of a shit either. 

I think we might struggle without Big Joe and Botman. Arguably our two most important players for a game like this. 

Still, Lascelles has come in and looked good and Anderson/Tonali are hardly bad choices to play instead of Joelinton. The squad is getting stretched a bit. But the depth has already improved massively in the last two seasons. 

I am half worried about Lascelles starting but also a bit of me feels really pleased for him, considering his time with us through relegation, through being captain under the moderate times under Rafa, then through the absolute turboshit era that he gets to lead us out against PSG in the champions league. Botman will get to do this again for us plenty of times but I reckon Lascelles probably assumed he would see out his career with us for a while battling relegation year on year then get sold to a championship club one day. 

9 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I am half worried about Lascelles starting but also a bit of me feels really pleased for him, considering his time with us through relegation, through being captain under the moderate times under Rafa, then through the absolute turboshit era that he gets to lead us out against PSG in the champions league. Botman will get to do this again for us plenty of times but I reckon Lascelles probably assumed he would see out his career with us for a while battling relegation year on year then get sold to a championship club one day. 

For sentimental reasons I always wanted him to have a game in the CL leading the lads out. CL music playing in the background. Camera pans up to him.

The vision ends there though. The actual match itself? Wow.

12 hours ago, Mbappe said:

Il est normal que la Premier League soit plus forte, avec des droits de télévision beaucoup supérieurs en Angleterre.

Un relégable en Angleterre gagne plus que le 2ème en France

That sounds like a problem for France if I'm being honest.

Gonna win this , Frencaise League UNE not brilliant, PSG never reached a champions  final and always been bridesmaid in semi's when they've managed to reach the semis we have no record as such so nowt to lose. Let's get at them only 11v11 at end of day.

13 hours ago, Mbappe said:

Foreigners make the Premier League competitive 

Pas les Anglais, qui sont mauvais au football

Amongst PSGs 17 most valuable players, 5 of them are french.[emoji38] Amongst Newcastles 19 most valuable players, 12 of them are English..

6a8138ce19d10554224578c11c424968.thumb.png.af6de35b8fa025d3ef71f6dac6ba9e52.png a9b9a9e12d445e7677a736d1136431d7.thumb.png.d6ff74779b4243ec6448803771da9cce.png

Edited by Erikse