West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

Fucking hell, was last on here a couple of hours ago, I've come back on and all hell has broke loose. This is like being at the in-laws on boxing day when everyone is pissed, tired, and fucked off at the sight of each other. :rocky:

55 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Id have taken Longstaff and Anderson off and played Hall and Targett mate. It would be negative as all fuck but it’d have maybe given us fresh legs who wouldn’t have pushed up as much as we did. 

Pleased we didn't :)

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

Young local lads have always been a target for the boo-boys - all the way back until my dad's match going days.

Anderson did OK today, IMO. :thup:

aye true - Neil Mcdonald in the 80s always used to be a target for abuse.

On the game, aye we should have done better with the equaliser. But Isak clean through at 2-1 should have killed the game. Overall, we weren't at our best today against a team set up to hit us on the break.

I still see so much good in us, it's a game before Eddie we would have lost, it shows we're learning as we move into being a consistent top side. We're bound to have ups and downs on the way.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

On the game, aye we should have done better with the equaliser. But Isak clean through at 2-1 should have killed the game. Overall, we weren't at our best today against a team set up to hit us on the break.

I still see so much good in us, it's a game before Eddie we would have lost, it shows we're learning as we move into being a consistent top side. We're bound to have ups and downs on the way.

In fairness we lost pretty much every game before Eddie 😂

I hope he knocks it out of the  park on a regular basis, can see signs already of him doing so.

He may not but don't write him off yet man.

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

My view on him has nothing to do with his age or where he’s from, I just don’t see a good enough player there.

:)

Whenever we don't win, it's as if certain people on here and on social media just can't handle it and have to blame someone for us not winning. Tonali? Longstaff? Anderson? Burn? Even Eddie Howe a few weeks ago. 

Proper self-entitled crack!

People need to realise we're not going to win every single game and when we don't, it isn't the end of the world.

4 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Whenever we don't win, it's as if certain people on here and on social media just can't handle it and have to blame someone for us not winning. Tonali? Longstaff? Anderson? Burn? Even Eddie Howe a few weeks ago. 

Proper self-entitled crack!

People need to realise we're not going to win every single game and when we don't, it isn't the end of the world.

I’ve repeatedly said that it was a good result. My view on Anderson would be the same had we won the match. It just seemed a timely observation as he’d made 3 pretty glaring mistakes which, in my view, had a significant impact on the outcome.

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

I’ve repeatedly said that it was a good result. My view on Anderson would be the same had we won the match. It just seemed a timely observation as he’d made 3 pretty glaring mistakes which, in my view, had a significant impact on the outcome.

When ??! Today?!

Just now, Theregulars said:

I wasn't directing my comment at you or anyone in particular. I have no idea what you've said about Anderson. It was a generalisation of what I've read since the game finished.

Just now, Scoot said:

I wasn't directing my comment at you or anyone in particular. I have no idea what you've said about Anderson. It was a generalisation of what I've read since the game finished.

Sorry, it feels like I’m getting a lot of criticism my way from others. My mistake.

35 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Didn't see them as glaring myself, i do think sometimes we forgot it's only his 4th or 5th Premier League start iirc.

35 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Sorry, it feels like I’m getting a lot of criticism my way from others. My mistake.

Don't take it to heart, unfortunately whether you're right or wrong, never treat anything too seriously that comes your way. I find it difficult to get my point across when it's written down, there's so much more to it than the black and white most things seem to be judged by.