Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace: 21/10/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, NSG said:

Pope

Trippier

Lascelles

Schar

Burn

Bruno

Longstaff

Tonali

Miggy

Wilson

Gordon

Not sure if Tonali will have the right mindset for this game with all that is going on around him, if big Joe is fit would prefer him back in

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t think Miggy will start, I might be wrong but doesn’t he normally drop to the bench after an international break ? (Assuming Paraguay played midweek).

Played the full 90 against Bolivia early Tuesday morning. Possibly back here late Tuesday, latest Weds. 

Bring Tonali off the bench in the second half. Give him a standing ovation to show our support. That might give him the motivation to come back from his suspension, feeling like he owes us.

Pope

Trippier

Lascelles

Schar

Burn

Longstaff 

Bruno

Anderson

Miggy

Wilson

Gordon

Gives us Joelinton and Tonali as subs, which should give us some life in the second half.

4 minutes ago, 1964 said:

I think Lascelles deserves to keep his place and I think he will, been very good since he came back and is now a better footballer

Agree but Botman is a ridiculous player and should come back in. I guess with Dortmund coming up we could keep for that… but in general. 

All factors coming into this would suggest the worst 0-0 the Premier League has ever seen. The weather is going to be absolutely grim and I'll be pleasantly surprised if the football on show doesn't match it. 

Having said that, I'm normally wrong so let's just hope we get a win.

Just spoken to someone who is good mates with Longstaff’s dad. Apparently Longstaff has had tonsillitis this week, no idea if it rules him out of tomorrow like but may make him a doubt.

Just now, NSG said:

Just spoken to someone who is good mates with Longstaff’s dad. Apparently Longstaff has had tonsillitis this week, no idea if it rules him out of tomorrow like but may make him a doubt.

Oh dear, now that is bad news he’s been crucial since his return.