Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace: 21/10/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Interesting that Schlupp went off injured yesterday and was replaced by the young lad, Rak-Sakyi.

Their fans actually seem relatively happy with that, as he’s a far more ‘exciting’ option, but given Hodgson picks Schlupp every single week, you wonder whether it will weaken them a touch defensively, or shape-wise?

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Interesting that Schlupp went off injured yesterday and was replaced by the young lad, Rak-Sakyi.

Their fans actually seem relatively happy with that, as he’s a far more ‘exciting’ option, but given Hodgson picks Schlupp every single week, you wonder whether it will weaken them a touch defensively, or shape-wise?

Tbf I don't think Roy had a lot of choice looking at the bench. A keeper, three centre halves, and untried academy lads. Can't be going 5 at the back at home & Rak-Sakyi at least has senior loan experience.

8 games 12 points

Scored 7 conceded 7

The most boring club in the premier league. I wish they'd fuck off with their shite drum and wannabe ultras and go back to sub 10k crowds in the championship

Probably the most irrational hate ive got for any premier league club

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

I’d be tempted to play Wilson and Isak together as an out and out 2 for this. If they’re missing Eze and Olise we should be fairly dominant with the ball. 

Don't think we will play anything other than 4-3-3 under Eddie

Be isak on the left if both play which I doubt

Edited by jack j

23 hours ago, jack j said:

8 games 12 points

Scored 7 conceded 7

The most boring club in the premier league. I wish they'd fuck off with their shite drum and wannabe ultras and go back to sub 10k crowds in the championship

Probably the most irrational hate ive got for any premier league club

Aye same, they’re just so boring. No ambition as a club whatsoever other than to prolong Hodgson. I realise this is rich with us basically floating for 14 years under the fat sloth’s ownership but still. 

Our previous matches last year came at a time we were struggling a bit for form and dealing with injuries and transition in team no? 

right now you’d argue we’re as good as we can be and have the benefit of two home games + players returning from injuries. 

Had a proper mindfuck this morning. 

I'm a bit under the weather having, probs, caught covid off of Mrs G. Confined to the huffy bed on account of my coughing as she's back to graft and I got up at 3am for paracetamols and a drink (H2O) 

Bear in mind I'd forgot to ballot for Palace tickets. 

I'm lying in the conservatory so browsed the Internet. Went on my NUFC account and had a look at ballots. 

Showed up error, so checked ticket history. 

Lo and behold we've got Palace tickets. 

"Get in!! says I

" I must've entered, fuck me, what am I like. Can't wait to tell her when she's up" 

Obvs, turns out it was last year's cup game, ffs

On 08/10/2023 at 16:46, SteV said:

I liked the look of Rak-Sakyi the other day. Raw, but promising.