Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 28/10/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

15 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

If Bruno gets a booking here, surely he misses the ManU game and not Arsenal?

Nope, yellows don’t carry over, likely to stop tactical suspensions. 

Although if he got sent off against Wolves (1 match ban only) he would serve that against Man U I think. 

Good Lord everything was looking good just a few weeks back.

Then Tonali gets a ban - Anderson crocked - Murphy crocked - Isak crocked - Miley with potentially a long term virus - Botman still out - Barnes long term 

Probably one positive is we’ll see a bit more of Tino and Hall who can provide good cover 

24 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Then Tonali gets a ban - Anderson crocked - Murphy crocked - Isak crocked - Miley with potentially a long term virus - Botman still out - Barnes long term 

Probably one positive is we’ll see a bit more of Tino and Hall who can provide good cover 

Not great but this storm will pass. Maybe the others will turn it on for us! 

39 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Everyone begging for Livramento and Hall to play more is more than likely going to get their wish over the next month or two. I think unfortunately we will be worse off for it though.

Hall especially is not currently at the same level as any of the midfielders (where he'll have to play because we have Burn and Targett at LB ahead of him and with Anderson and Tonali out we're low in numbers there) we have and Tino has proved he's quality but he is a different type of player from Trippier, who we'd miss massively if Tino replaces him at any point.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Everyone begging for Livramento and Hall to play more is more than likely going to get their wish over the next month or two. I think unfortunately we will be worse off for it though.

Hall especially is not currently at the same level as any of the midfielders (where he'll have to play because we have Burn and Targett at LB ahead of him and with Anderson and Tonali out we're low in numbers there) we have and Tino has proved he's quality but he is a different type of player from Trippier, who we'd miss massively if Tino replaces him at any point.

We are going to have to use them at some point - it’s almost November now - they’ve had ample time imo

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

We are going to have to use them at some point - it’s almost November now - they’ve had ample time imo

Definitely will have to use them and it's most likely going to be very soon. That's my exact point, I'd rather we not be in this position where they HAVE to play, but because of injuries and bans we will have to. 

Obviously Livramento is going to come in for Tripps at some point (probably Man Utd) but I'm interested to see where Hall comes in, because I don't see him replacing Burn or Targett at LB for any upcoming games.

I'd 100% trust Livramento in a RW role FWIW. I'm not saying it would be ideal but I doubt we'd suffer much from him playing there. I actually think him and Trippier would dovetail well.

4 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Oh for fucks sake! This is his moment too man. Hopefully this is misreported or something

The "recovery time" is 4-6 weeks, but I can say from my personal experience it took months to feel 'normal' 

Just now, BlazeT44 said:

The "recovery time" is 4-6 weeks, but I can say from my personal experience it took months to feel 'normal' 

If my memory serves right, Scott Parker was out for about 3 months for us with glandular fever. 

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

Definitely will have to use them and it's most likely going to be very soon. That's my exact point, I'd rather we not be in this position where they HAVE to play, but because of injuries and bans we will have to. 

Obviously Livramento is going to come in for Tripps at some point (probably Man Utd) but I'm interested to see where Hall comes in, because I don't see him replacing Burn or Targett at LB for any upcoming games.

No at this moment you have to use Hall as potential wing cover as we have 2 experienced LBs ahead 

Could we play 3 at the back? The old Rafa system?

54 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

If my memory serves right, Scott Parker was out for about 3 months for us with glandular fever. 

When's the last time we had a prospect, home grown or otherwise, actually come up, play games, and reach potential?

I've been following the team for real since around, I dunno whenever I signed up here, 2006? And I'm not sure I've ever seen it happen.

2 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

When's the last time we had a prospect, home grown or otherwise, actually come up, play games, and reach potential?

I've been following the team for real since around, I dunno whenever I signed up here, 2006? And I'm not sure I've ever seen it happen.

Not that he was amazing, but I’d probably say Steven Taylor. You could argue Longstaff in the current team.

Fingers crossed for Isak, because CF is where we are most vulnerable.

In the recent past, our squad players have stepped up when we needed them. Sven Botman is one of the first names on the teamsheet, but Lascelles has been doing great in his place. Krafth played well when Trippier wasn't available. Keep the faith!

this is such an important game.

the defeat to dortmund, tonali's ban, and the horrific injury list has sort of left everyone on a downer.

really need some positivity so a win would be just so vital.