Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

All the talk will be how hard done by Arsenal were. VAR etc. fucking immense team effort out did them. Well done. This club :indi:

Don't you hate it when three opposition players get booked when your player commits a red card tackle but only receives a yellow? So hard done by.

:2funny:

"VAR was basically invented to overturn any decision that goes against the mags and to overturn any decision that goes for the opposition of the mags. Football is absolute shite now, barely have any interest unless we are playing even then my mind wanders."

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nufc-v-arsenal-kick-off-1730-sky-sports-main-eventsky-sports-premier-leaguesky-sports-ultra-hd.1619076/page-37

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Ian Wright is arguing that because it is inconclusive that the ball is out of play, it should be ruled out.  Surely the reverse applies?

Absolutely, as the whistle wasn't blown you're quite correct. The conclusive proof needs to go the other way.

Fucking hell, that was draining. My heart was pounding that last half an hour. Brilliant, hard fought win that I'm not used to us getting. 

Some effort from the lads, rode our luck and got the benefit and detriment of an absolutely shocking referee performance. Nearly lost our heads like against Leeds a couple of years ago but Eddie sorted them out at half time.

Have to say, they weren't very good going forward but I thought Rice yet again was fantastic against us, and Saliba and Gabriel had Wilson under control again very well.

Pope: 6

Trippier: 7.5

Lascelles: 9.5

Schär: 9.5

Burn: 7.5 Livramento: 9

Joelinton: 8.5

Bruno: 6.5 (purely because of his daft moments)

Longstaff: 7.5

Almiron: 7 Willock: 7.5

Wilson: 6.5

Gordon: 8.5

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

Can you imagine the anger and tears when Arteta's press conference starts?

BUT THOMAS EDUSON INVENTED THE LIGHTBULB! :fuuu:

Edited by OCK

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Ian Wright is arguing that because it is inconclusive that the ball is out of play, it should be ruled out.  Surely the reverse applies?

Did he really say that? Dang, headers really do alot of damage over a career don't they?