Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Newcastle United (07/11/23)

Yorkie

I think the lesson to learn is that in the CL we need to be harder to beat. If I were Howe, I'd look for a old school DM for these games and play Bruno further forward. Obviously that's if or when we qualify again.

Remember Fergie regularly binned his 442 in the CL and stuck in someone like Park or Darren Fletcher to give them more solidity.

We couldn't afford to concede first.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Good effort across both legs. As has been said, we just didn't do it in the key moments. If Joelinton buries that header then I think we have a real chance of going on to win there.

With all the context of a short squad, I'm not too disappointed. 

We just need to be playing our best to come up to the CL standard.

1 minute ago, Beren said:

I like them but Willock and Longstaff are not cut out for this level IMO. Willock hasn't got the guile. He got bullied by Adeyimi once, and was completely stunted thereafter mentally and physically.

Bit harsh on them both. If a certain player didn't have a gambling addiction Loongstaff would have been fresher or not even playing the night.  Willock's still coming back from a serious injury layoff and as far as I can remember this was his first start .

Guest reefatoon
Just now, El Prontonise said:

Nope.

Lost 1-0 away and 2-0 at home.

When did we beat them 3-2 away? Bellamy got the winner. My mind is mush.

Bruno is our only midfielder who is proper top CL quality imo. At least for a group like the one we are in. The others lack either technical ability or intelligence or a little bit of both. 

Edited by Ikon

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Burn and targett don’t get injured and I think Trippier gets the rest he desperately needs. Unfortunately I don’t think we have many options unless we fancy playing Kraft.

May need to, Tripps will get injured soon if he keeps the game time high

4 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Beaten by the better , more seasoned team on the night. We changed things after going a goal down, had a go and came up short. Good experience for a lot of the players and for Eddie who seems to learn from every defeat. Ref was good, just didn't quite get the luck we needed and of course hampered by lack of options due to injuries and fatigue. No shame , they gave their all. Howay the lads !!

This 

I fucking hate MON.

He goes out of his way to have a go at us, and has a bit of arrogance about him. An absolutely over rated manager. Aye ok he did well winning those cups for Leicester, but at Celtic he did what they would expect, spent a bit of money as well, then at Villa he chucked a fuck load of money at it.

Edited by Stifler

Competed well but just fell a bit short in terms of quality, fitness and experience at this level really. 

I know it might not be in our best interest but I'd love to see us do Milan in the final game and make Europa.

Just now, Keggy_Keagal said:

Bit harsh on them both. If a certain player didn't have a gambling addiction Loongstaff would have been fresher or not even playing the night.  Willock's still coming back from a serious injury layoff and as far as I can remember this was his first start .

I don't mean to sound too harsh, but Willock is too one dimensional for CL. Think they can both be great squad players in the Premier League.

Longstaff was on the floor a bit much as usual, making up the numbers a bit at this level.