Bournemouth 2-0 Newcastle United (11/11/23)

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

All teams would be affected by eleven absentees, along with arguably there three best players missing. Whether it's Man City or Luton Town.

Also on this, Pep was complaining about injuries when they had De Bruyne, Grealish, Kovacic and Stones out injured. Two of those not even guaranteed starters. Meanwhile we're out here starting Jonny Evans in 2023 (who's fucking injured now by the way).

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We've been complaining about injuries from pretty much the start of the season. 

I don't feel like I have to keep justifying why I'm on this board reading opinions. I've been here for 13 years. I'm replying to something specifically related to us. 

We haven’t been using injuries as an excuse for poor performances though, which is what you were doing before the Champions League games had kicked off.

There has been very few complaints about the starting eleven and the quality of those players we have had to put out this season despite suffering with a number of injuries, the complaint yesterday is around not being able to change players who are suffering with fatigue due to being down to the bones squad wise.

That is a completely different scenario to what you were complaining about through September, where you put your poor form in the league down to having some of your better players missing.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

We need more technical players imo, players comfortable keeping possession.

Aye this mate. Have been beating this drum almost too much. It’s even more obvious when we are tired. To get to the next level we will have to change our style slightly. Naturally we will evolve and become more of a possession based team. Even if not to the degree as a team like City. 

Just now, United 736 said:

I am not a Newcastle fan, I am from Darlington and I no there rubbish but it’s my home team, looking in as an outsider it looks to me like Eddie Howe put a team out to lose, it’s as if he wanted Bournemouth to win.

With this post you didn’t have to mention that you’re not a Newcastle fan mate :) 

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

We haven’t been using injuries as an excuse for poor performances though, which is what you were doing before the Champions League games had kicked off.

There has been very few complaints about the starting eleven and the quality of those players we have had to put out this season despite suffering with a number of injuries, the complaint yesterday is around not being able to change players who are suffering with fatigue due to being down to the bones squad wise.

That is a completely different scenario to what you were complaining about through September, where you put your poor form in the league down to having some of your better players missing.

I put it down as a factor, not the sole reason. I've been very open about the fact that a lot of players have been poor and there have been a ridiculous amout of individual mistakes. Doesn't take away from the fact we've had 17 players missing at various points through injury while also not having Antony and Sancho. Fatigue sets in for other teams too.

I think we can all agree that when this sort of injuries happen, getting results is very fucking hard. We haven't played well at all but have won 4 of our last 5 league games with a second string back 4 and CDM. Opposition fans such as yourselves might scoff at how poor we've been in those games, but we're somehow churning out results still.

Once we finally get to start our first 11, if the performances continue like this, Ten Hag out and all that jazz.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I put it down as a factor, not the sole reason. I've been very open about the fact that a lot of players have been poor and there have been a ridiculous amout of individual mistakes. Doesn't take away from the fact we've had 17 players missing at various points through injury while also not having Antony and Sancho. Fatigue sets in for other teams too.

I think we can all agree that when this sort of injuries happen, getting results is very fucking hard. We haven't played well at all but have won 4 of our last 5 league games with a second string back 4 and CDM. Opposition fans such as yourselves might scoff at how poor we've been in those games, but we're somehow churning out results still.

Once we finally get to start our first 11, if the performances continue like this, Ten Hag out and all that jazz.

Again, we are not complaining about the quality of our starting eleven as an excuse for why we didn’t beat Bournemouth, even if we could put together a better hypothetical outfield team with players that are injured.

Our issue with injuries meant we could not make any changes when players were showing fatigue.

That is a completely different situation to what you are complaining about, which is your poor performances have been down to better players being out injured.

If you can’t see the difference, despite it being pointed out to you a couple of times now then it isn’t worth wasting time discussing it.

37 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Also on this, Pep was complaining about injuries when they had De Bruyne, Grealish, Kovacic and Stones out injured. Two of those not even guaranteed starters. Meanwhile we're out here starting Jonny Evans in 2023 (who's fucking injured now by the way).

This isn't about you, ffs. Stupid Manchester United FC fan. 

45 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We've been complaining about injuries from pretty much the start of the season. 

I don't feel like I have to keep justifying why I'm on this board reading opinions. I've been here for 13 years. I'm replying to something specifically related to us. 

All of which have been injured or suspended at various points of the season. :lol: They've probably missed about 20 games between them.

The money spent on past investments is also a sticking point for me. We're laughed at because of how bad Maguire is and how he should never be playing for us, yet when we're forced to play him we should be happy because he cost £80m. :lol: You can't have it both ways. Lindelof has been playing as a full back. 

You're run 10x better than us though. All things considered you're a much better club than us right now in everywhere except commercially. A lot can change in two years.

Who has accepted it? Poor play can partly be attributed to the injuries we've had, but I wouldn't call some of the defeats acceptable. 

Seems like they are accepted, because otherwise Ten Hag would be on his way. The football ManU play at the moment is miles away from top4 teams. 

Parroting what most people have said and stating the obvious pretty much, but we simply don't have a deep enough squad to deal with the current level of fatigue in the team and we have had especially bad variance with regard to injuries. It's not really an excuse, it's just the reality of the situation. Considering we started from a base of being odds on to get relegated this time two years ago and are now competing in the Champions League it's not very surprising. This season could end up looking more like the transition season that last year would have been if we hadn't massively overachieved.

28 minutes ago, United 736 said:

I am not a Newcastle fan, I am from Darlington and I no there rubbish but it’s my home team, looking in as an outsider it looks to me like Eddie Howe put a team out to lose, it’s as if he wanted Bournemouth to win.

with a 73 & a 6 in a raaa in your username

FO man ya neanderthal makam tit, you stand out like the warts on your 31 yr old nanas chins 

Couldn't really give a fuck what's going on at Man United. The comparison between the two clubs direction is obvious to anyone with a brain cell.

We have injuries and fatigue and that's what glaring, to ask the same players to go to the well time and time again, without getting a proper rest of period of training is always going to take its toll.

When Matt Richie is your best attacking option from the bench and you are aiming for CL footy, you know you are depleted.

I've got nothing but love for this group of players and coaches. Unlike other clubs, we are UNITED.