Newcastle United vs. Chelsea: 25/11/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

On 20/11/2023 at 02:20, WideopenMag said:

Think Livromento has looked the more competent defensively of the two lately tbh he'll do fine on the left and we can benefit from other aspects of Trippiers game on the right. Think he has a good understanding with Almiron also.

Didn’t look good at all vs Bournemouth at LB.  Trippier has played there multiple times for England.  Always better to play experienced players slightly out of position rather than a young lad whose confidence could be wrecked. 

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Didn’t look good at all vs Bournemouth at LB.  Trippier has played there multiple times for England.  Always better to play experienced players slightly out of position rather than a young lad whose confidence could be wrecked. 

Don't remember Tino struggling at all against Bournemouth? The goal came down that side, but there was nothing he could've done considering the deflection. Trippier was poor on both sides in that game.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Don't remember Tino struggling at all against Bournemouth? The goal came down that side, but there was nothing he could've done considering the deflection. Trippier was poor on both sides in that game.

Thought he was poor myself, though Trippier was too

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Thought he was poor myself, though Trippier was too

I think pretty much the whole team was to be fair. I am writing that game off personally.

I would go for Trippier left back because he has shown on numerous occasions for England that he can do a job there with Tino on the right where he has been one of our best players this season when he has been given chances. 

Maybe I'm silly, but I'd rather play Joelinton upfront than Gordon if Isak is still out. Atleast Joelinton has some height and strength, Gordon looked a bit lost up there last time. I think Gordon on the left would be better.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Maybe I'm silly, but I'd rather play Joelinton upfront than Gordon if Isak is still out. Atleast Joelinton has some height and strength, Gordon looked a bit lost up there last time. I think Gordon on the left would be better.

he was really really bad there at Bournemouth 

Just now, Erikse said:

Maybe I'm silly, but I'd rather play Joelinton upfront than Gordon if Isak is still out. Atleast Joelinton has some height and strength, Gordon looked a bit lost up there last time.

Disagree on this one. Joelinton can score goals but I think only consistently when running through from midfield onto balls where he’s got some space. I think he’d be shite playing up top as the target man. Gordon, while not ideal either as he would struggle to get into the game at least has more pace to cause problems 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Disagree on this one. Joelinton can score goals but I think only consistently when running through from midfield onto balls where he’s got some space. I think he’d be shite playing up top as the target man. Gordon, while not ideal either as he would struggle to get into the game at least has more pace to cause problems 

Maybe you're right. When was the last time we played Big Joe as a striker? Didn't he score 2? It was against Norwich in april 2022 if I remember correctly. Can't remember whether we have played him up top after that.

Edited by Erikse

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Gordon is much better up top for the pressing. Don't know why Joelinton don't seem capable at it up top considering how much of a monster he is from midfield.

------Gordon------

Joelinton----Almiron

Willock-Bruno-whomever is fit (swap position with Bruno if it is Miley)

Hall-schar-Lascelles-Trippier/Livramento

-------Pope--------

Joelinton and Willock to cover and swap positions as they feel like.

Edit: Trippier for Hall if he can't play against Chelsea. Livramento at RB

Edited by Conjo

Guest reefatoon
24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Joelinton, as much as I love the big man, was absolutely honking up top v Bournemouth.

[emoji38] Aye. Let’s hope we never see that again.

30 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Maybe you're right. When was the last time we played Big Joe as a striker? Didn't he score 2? It was against Norwich in april 2022 if I remember correctly. Can't remember whether we have played him up top after that.

He got moved out wide again that day because he looked awful up front