Euro 2024: Not worthy of a thread

Magpie

20 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Deschamps gets way more stick than he deserves mind, he's won a World Cup and was only a penalty shootout away from winning another . Teams literally just sit back every single time they play France which is why they have looked so poor this tournament. 

Until they meet Gareth’s swashbuckling, rapacious England team. Or not.

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

I’d say this is the worst international tournament I’ve ever seen, squeezing out the South Africa WC

I agree, although I think the vuvuzelas and possibly the jubilani keep it at number 1 for me. Quality-wise this is worse, 2010 Chile and Uruguay had some good matches.

You’re all off your tits it’s been solidly good. Groups stages was quality as have plenty of the knockouts plus:

• Unfancied teams doing well and living their best lives for a long time
  • Better fancied teams being shit
  • Players announcing themselves 
  • Last minute goals aplenty
  • Atmosphere being consistently absolutely amazing
  • Tense knockout games all over the show

Worse than WC2010 FFS, that was borderline unwatchable. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Agree with the Discman, it's not been the best tournament ever but it's been absolutely fine. The third group games were a bit shit due to the format, and the knockouts have been hit or miss, but it's far from consistently shit. Definitely an element of football fatigue mind

Football fatigue for sure, coupled with England and Scotland games being atrocious. Then a lot of the bigger teams playing shite defensive football. I’ve enjoyed the less fancied teams and their approach