Euro 2024: Not worthy of a thread

Magpie

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I cannot stand Deschamps. Olise should be in there. The football that he gets those players playing is criminal 

Southgate do the right thing

35 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

That’s lowkey a very good squad 

How many times has that been said about the Dutch though? They've been the biggest underperformers for what seems like multiple generations now.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Unpopular opinion alert but I always prefer Euro tournaments to World Cups

Less awful games for sure. Although uefa need to stop adding teams, 16 was pretty much perfect for competitiveness 

43 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I cannot stand Deschamps. Olise should be in there. The football that he gets those players playing is criminal 

Olise will be going to the Olympics instead apparently. Rumours that Mbappe wants to be also involved given it's being hosted in his home city.

11 minutes ago, Slater582 said:

Olise will be going to the Olympics instead apparently. Rumours that Mbappe wants to be also involved given it's being hosted in his home city.

France will almost certainly get to the final without playing in Paris at all. Would be a pretty daft waste of his pre season if that's his goal

58 minutes ago, gbandit said:

100%

He's got a proper hard on for players on the slide too - Rabiot, Dembele and Pavard

Missing the days when we had Cabaye Sissoko Debuchy Yanga Mbiwa Loic aren’t and Ben Arfa as regulars in the French squad, and Jonas and Coloccini in the Argentina squad 

halcyon days

In all honesty, I’d rather as many of our players don’t get picked as possible.

We have had a long season, some of them will have been injured for periods of it. I’d rather they had a summer off, and come back and do a full pre-season with us, rather than going to on international duty, and coming back to pre-season a week or 2 later.

Posted (edited)

Are you required to select four keepers or can you reduce to three and have an extra outfield player?

edit: Just saw French squad and they have three, question answered.

Edited by SAK

22 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Missing the days when we had Cabaye Sissoko Debuchy Yanga Mbiwa Loic aren’t and Ben Arfa as regulars in the French squad, and Jonas and Coloccini in the Argentina squad 

halcyon days

Ashley's first couple of years:

Given, Duff, Carr - Ireland
Emre - Turkey
Solano - Peru
Dyer, Owen - England (+ Milner, Parker, Smith, Taylor, Butt etc. who were in and around or later played)
Martins, Babayaro - Nigeria
N'Zogbia - France U21
Onyewu - USA
Pattison - South Africa
Moore, Viduka - Oz
Faye, Beye - Senegal
Rozenhal - Czech
Geremi - Cameroon

We were truly international then.

Sounds like Gordon will be in the squad.

Eze, Wharton, Henderson and Guehi all in from Palace.

Chilwell and J Henderson missing out.