Newcastle United 4-1 Chelsea (25/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 27 | Goal-posts: OP

Yorkie

Not been able to watch this uninterrupted but annoyingly looks there for the taking, but we're just not playing that well. Not bad, just not that effective. 

We miss Burn imo, just having that balance does make a difference. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Not been able to watch this uninterrupted but annoyingly looks there for the taking, but we're just not playing that well. Not bad, just not that effective. 

We miss Burn imo, just having that balance does make a difference. 

His replacement is better. Far better.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Joelinton really hasn’t been at the races this season, and that wasn’t great either first half.  I’m completely unconvinced by him in midfield - looks much better LW with Willock behind.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we cash in this summer. 

Love the bloke to bits and hope he stays for years to come in some capacity. But him constantly missing sitters, making brain dead fouls and always wanting 2-3 touches on the ball is starting to get annoying. 

I think like Longstaff. It does feel like we miss him when he’s not playing. He does put a monumental shift in every game, box to box/everywhere on the pitch. 

Should be in the lead, played some lovely stuff at times but then one moment of stupidity from Lascelles and a soft free kick has undone it. Fingers crossed we can go again and get the three points, because there’s nothing on the bench to give us a boost! 

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

His replacement is better. Far better.

Don't doubt that he's a more talented player but dubious he's as effective on that side as Burn. Changes the way that whole side operates. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I agree. But they have depth to bring on. We will gas and have to turn to one of our FM regens or Ritchie as options. 

Aye, don’t fancy us to get 3 points if it’s left late. Hopefully an early goal and we ride our luck with that bench. Kinda grim. [emoji38]

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I know the Miley pass was class, but that touch, the speed he adjusted himself, and giving the keeper the eyes for the finish from Isak was unreal. 

And the tenacity from Gordon to win the ball back and recycle it.

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Love the bloke to bits and hope he stays for years to come in some capacity. But him constantly missing sitters, making brain dead fouls and always wanting 2-3 touches on the ball is starting to get annoying. 

I think like Longstaff. It does feel like we miss him when he’s not playing. He does put a monumental shift in every game, box to box/everywhere on the pitch. 

Hes one like Longstaff and Almiron that I expect to be replaced and relegated to a squad player before being doldrums in a few years. Ultimately if he's not good enough to get into other top 4 sides he shouldn't be good enough for us as that's where we aim to be consistently 

There's no room for sentiment unfortunately 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yep, I love the bloke too - though I think he’s one of those players who needs the perfect blend of players around him to get the best out of him.  Bruno’s vision, Burn’s defensive capability and Willock’s engine next to him covers his many shortfalls.  Still think it’s hilarious that he gets games for Brazil - it says a lot about where they are atm

1 minute ago, Vaj said:

Also I think the players need to trust Miley more, I noticed a few times when the ball wasn’t given to him when he was in good positions. He looks a real star

Happened last game too. Trippier refusing to pass the ball to him :yao:

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, I love the bloke too - though I think he’s one of those players who needs the perfect blend of players around him to get the best out of him.  Bruno’s vision, Burn’s defensive capability and Willock’s engine next to him covers his many shortfalls.  Still think it’s hilarious that he gets games for Brazil - it says a lot about where they are atm

Not really, Joelinton hasn't been great at times this season, but last season and the back end of 21/22 he was genuinely quality and very deserving of that call up.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I know the Miley pass was class, but that touch, the speed he adjusted himself, and giving the keeper the eyes for the finish from Isak was unreal. 

Agree, but he is doing a good job of drawing Chelsea players out and creating that other pass option when they're not passing to him too. 

Just now, 54 said:

Not really, Joelinton hasn't been great at times this season, but last season and the back end of 21/22 he was genuinely quality and very deserving of that call up.

Peak Joelinton doesn’t make Brazilian midfields of old mate - that’s not to slag off Big Jow