FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

2 minutes ago, Jinky said:

Id happily lose to Sunderland....and win at Liverpool!

I was thinking that way too - was itching to turn Liverpool over after that game at SJP at the time.

Now I'm thinking - let's avoid a hiding at Anfield, maybe pinch a draw, beat the mackems and just have a fun ride in the FA Cup this year.

4 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Why don't we win the FA cup? Just an idea. 

I'd 100% prioritise it and would be completely fine with playing the kids against Liverpool on Monday to be as ready as possible for the Sunderland game.

2 hours ago, Slim said:

Even on recent form we still smash mid table Sunderland.  Dunno what people are worrying about.

Maybe it's something to do with losing at home to Cambridge & away to Sheffield Wednesday in the previous two 3rd round draws? Both of them were League One teams. So why are we guaranteed to smash a play-off chasing Championship team?

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Maybe it's something to do with losing at home to Cambridge & away to Sheffield Wednesday in the previous two 3rd round draws? Both of them were League One teams. So why are we guaranteed to smash a play-off chasing Championship team?

Cambridge was Howe's first game in charge? and we were in the relegation Zone.

Sheffield Wednesday Pretty sure we would have been ok if not for Chris Wood.  Not to mention Martin Dúbravka, Javier Manquillo, Lewis and Richie all playing.  But I get ya point.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Sheffield Wednesday Pretty sure we would have been ok if not for Chris Wood.  Not to mention Martin Dúbravka, Javier Manquillo, Lewis and Richie all playing.  But I get ya point.

No it wasn't.

I really didn't think it at the time when the draw was made, but seeing how things have went since, this really is massive now, a win against  the mackems, you imagine would most definitely change the mood and atmosphere around the club and give us the catalyst to kick on now with the 2nd half of the season.... where as defeat in this fixture really is unthinkable.... I would most definitely take a mid table finish now and an FA Cup final, over a 7th place finish and getting beat in the 3rd round by the mackems 

21 minutes ago, Slim said:

Ninth. We were 19th in the league having gone:

W1 D3 L4 F7 A18 in his first eight.

37 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Also derby games are very unpredictable.