FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

Feel physically sick about this match the closer it gets.

Been worried for weeks, I'm a natural pessimist at the best of times but the way things have been going I can't see anything other than a defeat and it's going to be fucking horrible.

Just hope we can get ourselves up for it, there were sparks against Liverpool, but in all reality if they took their chances it would jave been at least 6 nil and we'd be looking at this even more downbeat.

They're not amazing but have beaten some good sides at home this season, and like it or not they are one of the one of the better sides in the Championship.

We're obviously a better team than them, but that's been true so many times over the past 10 years and it's not gone our way. Will be a complete season ruiner for me this, won't be half as interested for a few weeks.

I hope that we rest our first team players. Hope to see Ritchie, Dummet, Kraft and some youngsters getting game time. We really dont need any more injuries to our squad now, and I dont trust this lower league team..

5 minutes ago, Begbie said:

I hope that we rest our first team players. Hope to see Ritchie, Dummet, Kraft and some youngsters getting game time. We really dont need any more injuries to our squad now, and I dont trust this lower league team..

Nar thanks.

5 minutes ago, Slim said:

Thought it was confirmed we are playing in black and white

My perception, rightly or wrongly (possibly wrongly!), is that whenever we play there we play in our change kit and that whenever they play at home, they play in red and white tops but white shorts.

Can't recall them ever being in their away kit at our place, or us ever being in our home kit at theirs. Only exception I can think of is the 1-4 at their place when Shearer scored with his head bandaged up.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

My perception, rightly or wrongly (possibly wrongly!), is that whenever we play there we play in our change kit and that whenever they play at home, they play in red and white tops but white shorts.

Can't recall them ever being in their away kit at our place, or us ever being in our home kit at theirs. Only exception I can think of is the 1-4 at their place when Shearer scored with his head bandaged up.

Wore B&W in the Ryan Taylor game.

As far as I know the last time we wore a change kit was the Dabizas game in 02/03

Edited by Sima

5 minutes ago, Sima said:

Wore B&W in the Ryan Taylor game.

As far as I know the last time we wore a change kit was the Dabizas game in 02/03

I was jetlagged to fuck and I was there, so my memory is hazy.  But I think we wore the hi-viz kit when Cabaye scored and Tiote got sent off in a 1-1 there.  They scored late off Gyan/Bent's arse.  Lucky as fuck deflection. 

Colo red card we wore our blue away kit, I think? 

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Didn’t they wear away kit when they beat us 3-0 second time? Yellow? Obviously I’m not going to watch it to check.

We were in some awful thing when we lost 3-0 and Collo got sent off. Fucked that one right off and got a bus back to Shields at 2-0.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I was jetlagged to fuck and I was there, so my memory is hazy.  But I think we wore the hi-viz kit when Cabaye scored and Tiote got sent off in a 1-1 there.  They scored late off Gyan/Bent's arse.  Lucky as fuck deflection. 

Colo red card we wore our blue away kit, I think? 

Different 1-1s. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Lascelles and Dummett the only players in either squad to have played in the derby? 

Aye! Mad to think we signed Lascelles 10 year ago!

All these kit comments contradicting my memories just reinforcing how drunk I have to get just to sit through these matches, and how successfully I've since managed to blank any remnants of them from my mind. :lol:

Edited by Chris_R

I think what makes this worse is that over the past 18 months we have gone into high profile games without expectation. We have always been optimistic and it’s paid off. This time however there is huge expectation to win due to the gap between the two clubs. Finally the fans know we should win and we must win. 

this along with the fact that there won’t be a chance for revenge for who knows how long piles pressure on aswell

we must believe that none of their players get into our team. We must believe we are experienced and professional enough to get the job done.