Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United (02/12/23) | Reaction: Pg. 34 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

As others have said Ten Haag looks to have lost the players he didn’t buy. 

We are miles ahead of them in terms of performances, it wasn’t even close despite the scoreline. 

I feel bad for the bairn they had playing as they’ve spent the week hyping him up, including a feature in the athletic this week. I think Miley looks further ahead and is younger, what a star we have on our hands. 

Just now, patrone said:

To be fair, I can't say I've ever noticed you post on here until now 🤷‍♂️

My bad I guess 🤔

I'm fairly easy to forget. :)

edit: And I love Pizza.

Edited by McDog

39 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I feel bad for the bairn they had playing as they’ve spent the week hyping him up, including a feature in the athletic this week. I think Miley looks further ahead and is younger, what a star we have on our hands. 

In the build up to this game I'd been hoping that Mainoo was gonna start. 

There had been abit of over hype it seemed and no ill will to the lad at all, but I knew our Brazilians would bully their midfield. And so it proved and was always going to be key to winning this game. Always had faith Miley was gonna outshine him aswell. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Thought that was brilliant. Really enjoyed it - aside from the nervy finish. 

Their plan was clearly to try and keep it tight and then influence the game later with subs. Was disappointed to go in at half time 0-0 but the goal was coming.

Thought Bruno was superb. He's playing his best football since joining us. Livramento great again too. Miley was class as well.

Rashford was an absolute disgrace. Rarely do you see a player simply not try but he couldn't give a fuck. Forget about Maguire who I thought was alright tonight, Rashford should be absolutely nowhere near the England squad.

They were shite and their fans were wank. 

Maguire was very good tonight. Hugely surprising. Without him we scored at least three. Fair play to him for seemingly turning it around and caring recently. Shame his team mates are petulant and lazy. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

Maguire was very good tonight. Hugely surprising. Without him we scored at least three. Fair play to him for seemingly turning it around and caring recently. Shame his team mates are petulant and lazy. 

Maguire has been playing very well for weeks.

The only player not trying is Rashford. Some others are just shit. I think the game against Chelsea is when Rashford loses his place. He left AWB high and dry tonight. Proper pathetic performance. 

Class. 

Was frustrated we weren't at least one up at half time and thought it was gona be one of those days, especially after hitting the bar.  Timing of final balls and nowt failing for us had me worried considering the pressure we put on them with no return. 

Alas, we're fuckin class, persistent, head strong and these cunts have nothing on us. 

Let's fuckin give it to em. 

Just got home. Had an hours kip in the services, got me stuck behind a parade of HGV’s and rear wheel drives unable to deal with the snow on the M1😂 was like a bloody war zone.

I’ve not seen us look that dominant this season other than the Sheffield Utd game. If luck was on our side it could have been nearer that score line. Tino just seems to get better every game and Miley the same. Someone mentioned in another thread that the players seem to be reluctant to pass to Miley.. I did notice that Big Joe blanked a pass that would have been a great chance for Miley early on. Can’t work it out as he seems to have settled in very well in his few games for us. 

Hats off to everyone, great team performance especially after Paris. Got full faith in them for the next few games energy wise.. just need that little bit of luck on our side.

5 hours ago, Smal said:

image.thumb.png.d82c97c0c0bb8b2301d6f0c673f43b02.png

Man Reds’ pass map is so funny, man. They have absolutely no structure about them at all. Ten Hag is fucking useless.

Man we look so much better with Tino as a LB, Burn would usually be below the half line similar to our CBs. We even look more symmetrical with Tino mirroring Trippier. 

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

Our midfield tore them to shreds, first

to every ball, superior patterns of play, intricate passing. We played in behind them again and again. It’s a wonder they’re not in the bottom half as they’re utter shit 

2 or 3 one goal wins some in the last moments.

Great result and much relief that we finally managed to turn an hour of dominance into the deciding opportunity. Credit to their center halves for not giving us many clear chances before that.

I saw the match live on a sober Sunday morning, but hope everyone who got to see it on Saturday night got to enjoy themselves. Games are coming thick and fast, but this was an especially good three points. A CL qualification six pointer against a team with plenty of previous against us. Its important to celebrate wins like this.

Rashford literally walking back after Livramento had squirted away from him early in the second half (in the build up to Joelinton's soft shot) was embarrassing and hugely frustrating if I were a Manu fan. I'd have thought he was gassed after Galatasaray, but no, he didn't even play that match.

What was that match where Gordon sprint-chased someone who nicked it off him, ran 80 yards at full-tilt to make a tackle? Rashford was the opposite of that.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but wasn't baldy moaning about us time wasting last year? They were doing it from the start! Not sure how there was only 1min stoppage time in the first half when we were on top but 9 in the second half. 7 max for me with the Pope injury.

10 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

They’re shite it’s just annoying that we didn’t turn up in the cup against this lot and they’d had form had favoured them while ours had dipped.

What exactly is ETH trying to do tactically? They look so disjointed. 

Hopefully we can look back and say it's a blessing in disguise. We qualified for Champions League and a lot of Man United fans said they have been shite since then and also prolongs Baldy's reign.

A shame it wasn't on Sky. The Neville-Keane meltdown would have been truly epic. 

Unless Rashford is given what he considers his ideal role, he isn't prepared to try. It's like he wants to protect his reputation as a supposedly great player by not inflicting on himself the embarrassment of trying but failing. 

Ten Haag is in a difficult position with all that's going on in the background, but he surely shouldn't pick players who aren't putting in a stint for the team. He made that mistake with Ronaldo.

Rashford put in a level of defensive effort that can only be excused in the modern game if you're Messi conserving energy.

Like him for the off field stuff he does, but on the field he's extremely unlikeable, I'd hate it if he played for us, and that's coming from someone who loved Ginola and HBA whose defensive effort wasn't exactly high.

Edited by Kid Icarus