Newcastle United 1-3 Notts Forest (26/12/23)

Disco

37 minutes ago, Collage said:

Wood hattrick, you have to laugh

Ferk it, I'm going to work it out

Darwin Nunez: 2 goals in 13 mins vs. NUFC, 2 goals in 958 minutes vs everyone else

Ewan Ferguson: 3 goals in 81 mins vs. NUFC, 3 goals in 838 minutes vs everyone else 

Richarlison: : 2 goals in 73 mins vs. NUFC, 3 goals in 700 minutes vs. everyone else

Chris Wood: 3 goals in 90 mins vs. NUFC, 4 goals in 549 minutes vs. everyone else

Wood is actually the most prolific, though mostly thanks to two against Luton.

There seems to be a pattern there of us struggling against the big man, the big man who other teams deal with comfortably.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Not really a revelation that our fanbase is full of babies. Same people who "supported the team, not the regime" no doubt.

The ones who kept going when we were shit during the Ashley years you mean?

Got a sense that we were almost trying to manage and coast that after going ahead, which is usually the opposite of what we do albeit that's what may have lead to our injury woes.

Part just a defeat, they were  robbing a point at half-time - but definitely part performances all round being way off. The goals were suddenly shipping being the major problem.

11 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

We’ve already conceded 76% of what we did in all of last season. (8 goals to match) 

I think it is three years (Jan to early Feb, 2021)  since we lost more in a short period—7 out of 8 back then. 6 out of 7 now (so far…). 

8 minutes ago, toon25 said:

The drop off in quality in performance since the PSG game has been the biggest I've seen in my years as a supporter to date. 

We were utterly shambolic under Bruce at Norwich in his second game in a manner never witnessed under Rafa. And there were many more Norwich's.

Though speaking as someone who experienced Keegan into Dalglish (and dreck games at home to Forest as it happens, weeks after hammering Spurs 7-1) its easy to be objective.

20 minutes ago, Slim said:

Cos the crowd was shit again today. 

I can't blame people, dragging themselves out of bed early after Christmas boozing to watch an absolute bin fire of a performance. There was fuck all to cheer aside from the pen all game long.

1 minute ago, Jonas said:

We were utterly shambolic under Bruce at Norwich in his second game in a manner never witnessed under Rafa. And there were many more Norwich's.

Though speaking as someone who experienced Keegan into Dalglish (and dreck games at home to Forest as it happens, weeks after hammering Spurs 7-1) its easy to be objective.

I was speaking more in terms of the same team/manager 

The decline under SBR was much more gradual (which perhaps sticks in the memory)

5 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I think it is three years (Jan to early Feb, 2021)  since we lost more in a short period—7 out of 8 back then. 6 out of 7 now (so far…). 

Actually, 7 losses and 7 draws at the beginning of the following season (Aug to Dec 2021) sounds worse.