Players you were certain would be world class?

Mike

I was watching Swindon town v Coventry many years ago when James Milner was there on loan. 

Literally stood out like a slapped arse. By far the fastest and most passionate player on the field. Said after the game that this kid was going to make the big time.

i wasn’t wrong

On 06/01/2024 at 07:38, Disco said:

Assume I’m not the only one who went to the Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle schoolboy game?

Saw Iniesta play in that tournament at New Ferens Park in Durham and he was amazing, followed his career ever since. To become a world cup winning goalscorer and one of the best midfielders of all time was incredible to watch for me and my dad who saw him aged 16

Seemed like on average 3 players per squad went on to have a career at pro level. Really interesting how the success rate is so low for the players who are able to make their national squad at 17

TTA.

Think he is a very rare talent with the ball. Has decent pace and strength too. Can’t understand why he isn’t a better defender. Must all be in the top 2 inches.

Not world class but I rember seeing a very young and relatively unknown Paul Merson play for Arsenal in a indoor Soccer 6 tournament live on TV and thought he looked brilliant. Shame he didn’t have any off field discipline as he had a great footballing brain and physically very good.

Also remember watching Marcelino play for us against Alnwick Town thinking I could’ve run rings round him bad finger or not 😆

25 minutes ago, sleazy said:

I thought Rolando Aarons was gonna be a superstar

This kind of take is more biased though

The likes of him, N’zogbia, Matty Longstaff, Luque,  

Mbabu all way overrated after 1 game 

On 21/01/2024 at 15:30, Lotus said:

TTA.

Think he is a very rare talent with the ball. Has decent pace and strength too. Can’t understand why he isn’t a better defender. Must all be in the top 2 inches.

I think he’s top class and if anything underrated

17 minutes ago, tgarve said:

This kind of take is more biased though

The likes of him, N’zogbia, Matty Longstaff, Luque,  

Mbabu all way overrated after 1 game 

Plus absolutely nobody thought any would become world class

54 minutes ago, tgarve said:

People literally just said some of these players above 

Im hoping they just dont understand the question. Refuse to beleive anyone is that dumb