Players you were certain would be world class?

Mike

Think this might be a fun thread for the aficionados. Just post about a player that looked like they had everything it took to be at the top, but for whatever reason, it never panned out.

Came up with this while I was walking around and randomly remembered Royston Drenthe, who I thought was going to be class for ages.

Ricardo Quaresma Was another one, I remember him playing for Porto and Portugal U21's alongside Rapist Ronaldo, when they were just breaking through and was convinced that Quaresma was the greater talent. He certainly looked technically better at that age

I thought Josh McEachran was going to be a far better player than he turned out to be. Didn’t think he’d be world class but I thought he’d be a decent premier league player. His career just died.

Thought Kaka would have a far better career, obviously that’s a bizarre thing to say about someone who was regarded as world class anyway. But he dropped off so quickly, was it injuries?

James Rodriguez’s drop off was ridiculous

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Hulk

He absolutely pissed away his potential for the coin, like. A pretty shite CV considering his potential 

Jesper Blomqvist, not sure why with this one other than being a left winger myself, I just thought he moved with the ball well and could beat a man fairly easily when I saw him play. I remember us being linked with him before he moved to Man Utd, where it appears as if things stalled

Rolando Aarons. Thought he had it all. Saw him against Bradford away (preseason maybe?) and he looked unplayable. 
Kevin Mbabu after seeing him pop Sterling in his pocket at The City of Manchester Stadium (think it was still called that at the time). 

I'm generally on the other side of things where I don't see what a player is going to become (Kane) so it's a pretty short list.

Phil Foden. Some might say he already is, but I thought he was going to be better than he has been, maybe he still will.