Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon
Just now, STM said:

Aye, that's what we did. :lol:

Not that we were pinned back in our own half by a superior team or owt.

Fuck me some nonsense in here.

The lads where dead on their feet. 

Yes we were pinned but it was the same in the first half, we just decided to sit really deep and try and soak it up, instead of trying to catch them on the counter again. There defence was open as it showed in the first half. Not nonsense at all, and it’s absolutely fine to be pissed off at how that ended. Not having the tired reason again tonight. We tried to hang on for 45 minutes and it never works.

1 minute ago, UncleBingo said:

Usual suspects with the toys out of the pram because we lose to the treble winners & world champions with half a fucking squad missing.

Fucking embarrassing man.

It's worse than that because we scored twice and were 1 minute away from a creditable draw. 

The fact we fought like that is testament to the players, not to their detriment.

Just now, worthy said:

Your a fucking tool. This man is supposed to be a paid professional in his field, yet we have had the same problem the whole season. So what can it be?

Aww thanks hun xx

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I dob't think being shattered and penned into our box is a tactical decision like :lol:

I dont know what is going on in our second halfs this season, but there is something going on

Just now, STM said:

It's frankly embarrassing. Can only put it down to people not controlling their emotions or just not understanding football whatsoever.

Either way it's embarrassing.  Man City are the best team in the world at breaking down a defence.  If we had any two of Wilson, Barnes, Willock, Joelinton, Tonali or Anderson to bring on we would have seen it out.  

Being on here after any sort of defeat makes the 'loyalist football supporters' moniker we give ourselves seem an absolute joke 

Just now, Displayname said:

Talk about lack of options all you want, but a tired Longstaff is worthless. 

A fit one is atm. He’s been awful since he came back. Completely anonymous apart from when he’s missing easy goals. 

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

They played through us for 90 minutes, but we did nowt to prevent that.

Plan A, Plan A and more Plan A if things aren't working.

Just like PSG we deserved fuck all. Utter shite.

I must have watched a different game.

Christ, I feel genuinely bad for you lads who have been watching football all your lives and think just coming out and going hell for leather at them in the second half with no subs was an option :lol:

More good than bad to take from that IMO, we looked genuinely good on the break and had numerous chances to score. I know both our goals were absolute worldies but so were all of there's to undo us.

Really can't wait until we have subs again.

Just now, Displayname said:

Talk about lack of options all you want, but a tired Longstaff is worthless. 

He was worthless when he wasn't tired tbh.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Yes we were pinned but it was the same in the first half, we just decided to sit really deep and try and soak it up, instead of trying to catch them on the counter again. There defence was open as it showed in the first half. Not nonsense at all, and it’s absolutely fine to be pissed off at how that ended. Not having the tired reason again tonight. We tried to hang on for 45 minutes and it never works.

"Not having that tired reason". :lol:

That will be the... the players are fucking exhausted chasing the ball for 100 minutes... reason. 

Ask any professional footballer.

Think people are just frustrated at us trying to park the bus for 45 minutes and stopping what was working in the first half. Same glaring issues between defence and midfield that have plagued us all season as well.

Cant fault the effort, and for a part of the game an improved display. Thank god we don’t play for 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, STM said:

It's frankly embarrassing. Can only put it down to people not controlling their emotions or just not understanding football whatsoever.

Why dont we protect the 10 area at all? It is the question i would like to ask Eddie. Or can someone tell me who understands more? We came out from HT full defensive mode, and yeah they are great and also pinned us back. Still, we played the strange flat midfield 3 and they could roam in that area. 

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Unlucky, lads. Best side in the world just had too much for us in the end.

Big Jo a big miss tonight and once again, the lack of options from the bench has been exposed. After this season started with so much promise - it's in danger of finishing on a whimper. Top 6 looks beyond us, nevermind the top 4.

West Ham are sixth and 5 points ahead. We’ve already played top 2 home and away. I don’t think it’s beyond us. 

10 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Pope doesn’t either.

Pope manages to spread himself much better and will often get something on it by staying big.

Dubravka comes flying out then falls over while trying to stick his leg out.

It's weird.

Disappointed not to hang on for the point. Sickener. No blame from me though. City are superb and we ran out of legs. On another day Wilson, Murphy and Barnes would have been on to run the channels and relieve the pressure from the 60th minute.

The first half showed we can still compete and after Villa we'll have played the top three twice with 17 games to play.

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Isak and Gordon could run in the first half though.

The reason we get pinned in often in the 2nd half is tiredness. One or two players are fucked and their defence doesn't need to be tight anymore and we offer nowt in terms of counter-pressing.

Edited by Hanshithispantz