Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Mistakes happen, look at Jason Sancho £74m didn’t work out at Utd, I’m sure it’s happened at Newcastle as well, if you guys don’t get him KP will be sold in the summer I think

Oh for sure. Like signing an Italian midfielder for big money and having him banned straight away for the year. I meant more from Phillip's point of view. Did he think he'd get minutes for you guys?

Edited by McDog

On reflection, I think Howe is suffering from an exaggerated expectation, based on last year's massive over-achievement. We're little over 2 years into the new ownership, after being massively neglected and poorly staffed and terribly run. Man City won their first trophy three years after they were bought and that was prior to any major hamstringing with FFP. Let's be honest, we're about where we should be, especially considering the huge (and unusual) amount of injuries we've had this season. I know it's easy to get carried away with thinking because of what happened last year we've somehow magically become as good as the top teams in the league, but I'm afraid that's simply not the case, we still have some way to go before we have a consistently winning team in the Prem and become a regular challenger for all trophies, the team is still being built, club itself is still being remolded. We have as good a management team and ownership as we could hope for, we just need to give it time, Rome really wasn't built in a day... or a couple of seasons for that matter. For me, I wouldn't even entertain the idea losing Eddie, we'd just get some journeyman 'big name' manager in who wouldn't actually build a legacy, what would be the point of that? We'd become another chopping and changing team who spends on players who don't care about the club, don't gel, ruins the attitude around the place and still doesn't win anything. 

8 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Again, absolutely zero context.

The clubs you talk about have had years head start on us, have spent much more on their squads, have much higher wage bills and 2 or 3 times the amount of revenue.

We massively over achieved last season and are paying the price a bit this time around.

It's going to take a few more seasons to be in that bracket, I suggest you grow a pair or take up another team/sport.

Am ok man, al keep on supporting the team I have for the last 43 years but I appreciate your worry for me pal 

53 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

We are pretty shite full stop but loads on here wont accept that 

Yeah, you've mentioned it about 100 times mate! O0

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

On reflection, I think Howe is suffering from an exaggerated expectation, based on last year's massive over-achievement. We're little over 2 years into the new ownership, after being massively neglected and poorly staffed and terribly run. 

This would've sufficed even tho the rest is relevant. 

It's frustrating but people, some, need to calm down or fuck off. 

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

One Arsenal fan revelling in Newcastle losing to one of their title rivals, another calling us bottlers. :lol: 

They're proper weird cunts like.

Screenshot_20240113_205308_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c3be7e82920675ae6dd4e85b4db4b8c3.jpg

Screenshot_20240113_205350_Instagram.thumb.jpg.13f56ad9e5b328f024c4df188e23e1fe.jpg

Absolute freaks but a chunk of the Arsenal Twatter fraternity aren’t even British. Them and Man Utd have a massive amount of African plastics.

Was Isak offside for the disallowed goal?  Did VAR even check it?  I noticed the lineman kept flagging us off side after that rather than let us play to the whistle - corrupt as out.

Edited by duo

Gunna say it and take the flack for it, this season is gunna be a mid season write off. Injuries have fucked us, totally messed with our ability to field a team plus a decent bench. The end result being we’ve folded in the last 10 mins and conceded. 

Next year with Tonali and Barnes back will be a totally different scenario. Chances are it’ll be without the burden of European football as well. 

1 minute ago, duo said:

Was Isak offside for the disallowed goal?  Did VAR even check it?  I noticed the lineman kept flagging us off side after that rather than let us play to the whistle - corrupt as out.

I think 3 of them were offside for it. Linesman done well, he was just playing to the new rules. Only reason he decided to flag early after that, was because Ederson wouldn't have got injured if he'd just raised his flag straight away in the first place. 

Just now, Pablo123 said:

I think 3 of them were offside for it. Linesman done well, he was just playing to the new rules. Only reason he decided to flag early after that, was because Ederson wouldn't have got injured if he'd just raised his flag straight away in the first place. 

Didn't do the same for City - a few times Walker looked offside.

11 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Am ok man, al keep on supporting the team I have for the last 43 years but I appreciate your worry for me pal 

Well done you, nearly 50 for me.

All I've ever wanted was to us to show ambition and realise our potential, and I'm old enough to know the gap to the big clubs has never been bigger. Perspective and reflection is needed.

1 hour ago, Myleftboot said:

Without FFP different story.

Without City cheating FFP it's a different story.  PL we are still waiting - evidence is in the public domain.

3 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Gunna say it and take the flack for it, this season is gunna be a mid season write off. Injuries have fucked us, totally messed with our ability to field a team plus a decent bench. The end result being we’ve folded in the last 10 mins and conceded. 

Next year with Tonali and Barnes back will be a totally different scenario. Chances are it’ll be without the burden of European football as well. 

Agreed. Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forwards.

Hopefully we can jettison some of the utter fannies who no longer want tickets anymore because we're not winng every week.

1 minute ago, duo said:

Didn't do the same for City - a few times Walker looked offside.

I don't remember, mate, but I'm a bit tiddly now, so I'd have to watch it back.

Valiant effort, but lack of any forward options off the bench has killed us, we defend as a team and when the forwards have ran themselves into the ground there’s no where to turn. 

Think the total cost of our bench tonight was a whatever we paid for  Matt Ritchie, Lascelles and Kraft?

Just now, UncleBingo said:

Agreed. Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forwards.

Hopefully we can jettison some of the utter fannies who no longer want tickets anymore because we're not winng every week.

As long as that doesn’t make them sign up here instead :huff:

12 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Man, going by your post I had you around 15 years old. 😅

Seriously, we are not shit, just a fucking dreadful season with injuries and a season long ban of our main signing last summer. Let just finish the season as best as we can. Do a fucking major review of our medical team and training set up and start again.

Over 2 years ago we were desperately looking for 40 points for survival, now we at least have ambition and a team that genuinely tries and still we have people fucking complaining. 😅

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Sounds promising.

Yeah, that tweet is where I'm at too. I felt absolutely sick all day at the prospect of us not being competitive here; all of the encouragement and goodwill from last weekend wpuld be eradicated by an annihilation.

Agonising though it was, that didn't happen, and thankfully Forest still looks like the nadir. We were decent tonight, well in the game, and just about worth the lead after two fantastic goals. We lost but it wasn't an horrendous loss, late gut-punches notwithstanding. 

We're clearly on the mend, we just can't make any decent fucking subs.

The thing that annoy me the most is that everyone is raving about what an incredible comeback it was and how insane it was to win it at stoppage time. I mean... If you had been following us the last couple of months then you would know that it would be way more surprising if that didn't happen at the end.[emoji38] Doing a comeback on us in the last 15 is nothing special right now. Couldn't be less surprised about it.

Edited by Erikse

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

The thing that annoy me the most is that everyone is raving about what an incredible comeback it was and how insane it was to win it at extra time. I mean... if you had been following us the last couple of months then you would know that it would be way more surprising if that didn't happen at the end.[emoji38] Doing a comeback on us in the last 15 is nothing special right now. Couldn't be less surprised about it.

When you've got no subs of substance and players running themselves into the ground it's hardly a surprise is it? We gave it our best shot, had we scored just before KDB came on it might have been a different result but at 2-1 it felt inevitable.

Villa will compound our misery but I'm sticking to my prediction of a spring comeback for us, just hope it's not too late for some kind of European venture next season.