Alfie Harrison

NSG

Would be actually be surprised if we saw him this season tbh. EH doesn’t seem to be particularly trusting of youth imo. With Miley his hand has been well and truly forced. 

We’ve signed a number of promising youngsters so that’s clearly a club policy.  Very curious to see which of them might start getting some 1st team minutes here and there next season.  I’d like to see Tino get some regular meaningful playing time this season but I don’t see him getting starts in either FB spot soon unless injuries/suspensions force it. And, tbf both Burn and Trips have looked worthy of their places past couple of weeks.

50 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What's this guys position again?

Attacking midfielder I think, but given that he looks like an under developed Haaland, I think we should shove him up front.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

Attacking midfielder I think, but given that he looks like an under developed Haaland, I think we should shove him up front.

Was wondering if he was asn AM that would come in from wide areas in our system, or one that would be more of a number 8. Guess we'll find out at some point.

Seemed to have opted to join us due to a clearer pathway to the first team, and so he might get opportunities sooner than we think.

I understand his position will be in front of Lewis Hall in the canteen. Hall, at time of writing, only eats when big Dan Burn has left the table. 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Think people are going to be disappointed if they think he's going to be playing in the first team this season, even with all the injuries

Never say never 

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Only a 2.5 year deal is somewhat odd

Why?

He'll be about 21 by then and we can offer him a better contract or let him go by then. Can't be giving players 5/6 year contracts who've never played a first team game

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Why?

He'll be about 21 by then and we can offer him a better contract or let him go by then. Can't be giving players 5/6 year contracts who've never played a first team game

Good point well made

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Think people are going to be disappointed if they think he's going to be playing in the first team this season, even with all the injuries

Dont know much about him tbh but if hes on or about the same level as Miley, then why not?

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Yep, people need to remember he hasn't even played U23 football yet for City. Only U18. 

Just now, Lazarus said:

Dont know much about him tbh but if hes on or about the same level as Miley, then why not?

I don't think he is on the same level as Miley though? From what I've read he only made his Man City Under 21s debut last month

Miley was in our first team at the end of last season. I guess it's all relative though as I'm sure Man City's academy players are miles better than our lot

5 hours ago, Lotus said:

Would be actually be surprised if we saw him this season tbh. EH doesn’t seem to be particularly trusting of youth imo. With Miley his hand has been well and truly forced. 

We’ve signed a number of promising youngsters so that’s clearly a club policy.  Very curious to see which of them might start getting some 1st team minutes here and there next season.  I’d like to see Tino get some regular meaningful playing time this season but I don’t see him getting starts in either FB spot soon unless injuries/suspensions force it. And, tbf both Burn and Trips have looked worthy of their places past couple of weeks.

Your take on Howe not trusting youth is a bit bizarre? Gave Miley and Anderson their debuts last season when there were no injury problems. 

I can’t name any youngster he hasn’t given a chance to that has been on the fringe.

He’s given Hall plenty chances at left back which he’s looked really poor defensively and he’s given him a chance in cm where he doesn’t yet look strong enough.

Howe has been the best manager at trusting youth at NUFC for a very long time.

Sorry for calling you out. Just wanted to know what you’re basing your opinion on.

27 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I don't think he is on the same level as Miley though? From what I've read he only made his Man City Under 21s debut last month

Miley was in our first team at the end of last season. I guess it's all relative though as I'm sure Man City's academy players are miles better than our lot

image.thumb.png.6bf99900852047d950a90e91acbbe16e.png

42 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Yep, people need to remember he hasn't even played U23 football yet for City. Only U18. 

He's 18 not 14. I'm sure he must be capable of coming off the bench unless he suffered from some form of malnourishment recently.