Newcastle United vs. Luton Town: 3/2/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

We shouldn’t underrate these.  No-one has really walloped them other than Brighton back in August (and they avenged that one in style).  The vast majority of games that they lose - including against the top three - are usually by just the odd goal.

Bollocks on the line, I think we’ll win - but I think it’ll be tighter than we’d like. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bollocks on the line, I think we’ll win - but I think it’ll be tighter than we’d like. 

Yep. This one is going to be a tight, scrappy game I reckon. When these sides come here they tend to play in a low block and make us play out and try to hit on the counter. Type of game where if we don't get an early goal it wil be really tough. 

Early goal for us and we win 3-0. If they keep it tight and it's still 0-0 after 60-70mins I can see it finishing that way. 

Hopefully with us having no genuine striker for this one, they'll be confused how to defend and we can sneak an early goal while they are figuring out who to mark.

23 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Like a new signing

2 if it means Anthony plays through the middle 🤪 Or Miggy left, Murph right, Anthony centre and Raptor toes off the bench (presuming no Wilson or Isak). 

I'll go against the grain here... Luton are shite, they are bully boys who try to play fast and aggressive. Fair play at least they are giving it a go.

We are at SJP, make them shit themselves. Start fast, get them defending early, remind them they are shite.

Can Luton defend for 90 minutes? If they decide to be brave and come at us, can they prevent being killed on the counter? 

If Isak starts, I'll go 4-0. If its Gordon through the middle 2-0.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I'll go against the grain here... Luton are shite, they are bully boys who try to play fast and aggressive. Fair play at least they are giving it a go.

We are at SJP, make them shit themselves. Start fast, get them defending early, remind them they are shite.

Can Luton defend for 90 minutes? If they decide to be brave and come at us, can they prevent being killed on the counter? 

If Isak starts, I'll go 4-0. If its Gordon through the middle 2-0.

I agree, they lost 3-1 away to Brentford, 3-1 at Villa, 3-0 at Chelsea, and 4-1 at Brighton, they're one of them teams that come up and get some good results at home and make a fight of it but there's a huge gap in quality between us and them, we'll batter them. 

17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The thought of having Barnes, Isak, Wilson and Willock for the run-in...

Be great to see so many people finally stop complaining about Howe and our injury list and be able to concentrate on complaining about Howe and not playing the people they want