Nottingham Forest 2-3 Newcastle United (10/02/24)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Superior Acuña said:

Aye I can’t be annoyed at Burn for being slow, there’s not much anyone can do about that 

He wasn’t alert. Whether he’s slow or not. He should be seeing the build up. Which he didn’t. 

It took Burn giving away a penalty and then being caught out for us to go 3-1 down in the last match for him to go off.

How far out of reach does this game have to be before he goes off?

Edited by Stifler

Look good in possession. Shape seems decent. Almiron sloppy and when we lose it. We look as wide open as ever. 

Felt like these were there for the taking. We’ve gifted them a route back in and now they’re much the better side. 

Just now, Aiston said:

Most managers would have adjusted to a different keeper style.

Alot of that is on the players. If you know the keeper isn't coming out, get your ass on the ball.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

it’s absolutely no coincidence that our defence has gone to shit since Pope’s injury, like. Pope comes and gets that every time. The keeper sweeping is so key to how we defend and Dubs is just never there.

If only we had a pacey fullback to cover some of the ground in the absence of a sweeper keeper

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Look good in possession. Shape seems decent. Almiron sloppy and when we lose it. We look as wide open as ever. 

Felt like these were there for the taking. We’ve gifted them a route back in and now they’re much the better side. 

This.

When Bruno scored that goal, the game was won.

We have gifted them this game now, same against Luton.

Just now, Andy said:

If only we had a pacey fullback to cover some of the ground in the absence of a sweeper keeper

I don’t think Livramento being on the field makes any difference there tbh. Elanga is comfortably quicker than him too.

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Aye I can’t be annoyed at Burn for being slow, there’s not much anyone can do about that 

I don't think that's really what anyone had an issue with. We all know he's slow but his other attributes outweigh that in certain situations. But these aren't the situations he excels in and when oppositions target Burn with pace it becomes an issue.

Just now, Smal said:

I don’t think Livramento being on the field makes any difference there tbh. Elanga is comfortably quicker than him too.

If he started running at the same time Burn did I think he does enough tbh.

Just now, Smal said:

100% disagree. There's no way with a 5 yard head start (like Burn had) Elanga gets the ball there before Tino.

Has to be said, even if Tino was at LB, there's no guarantee he would have been able to cope with Elangas pace for their goal either.

Not suggesting I'd prefer Burn to Tino this game, just to be very clear :lol:

3 minutes ago, Chris L said:

He wasn’t alert. Whether he’s slow or not. He should be seeing the build up. Which he didn’t. 

If Howe loses his job because of this, he only has himself to blame.

Livramento is just sitting there.