Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I hear you. He was a good hire as far as ability and know how.

Just turned out he's a twat :lol:

I know, I was just being facetious :lol:

Posted (edited)

From Hope:

"Newcastle are set to appoint a new performance director AND sporting director, we can exclusively reveal.

Dougie Freedman remains the frontrunner for the role of sporting director and it is expected there will be progress once the season has finished. That post will have a recruitment focus and German Johannes Spors has also been spoken to.

However, the club are also looking to install a performance director as their behind-the-scenes restructuring continues in the wake of Dan Ashworth’s exit."

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, r0cafella said:

What is a performance director meant to do? 

This follows the model at several Premier League clubs, where a performance director oversees the likes of science, medicine, psychology and performance analysis.

Newcastle are determined to improve an injury record that has disrupted their season and seen them record the most days missed of players in the top-flight.

From Hope’s piece 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Palace fans are convinced Freedman is staying now as he was at the under 21 game last night with Parish.

Glad to know we aren’t the only ones who will clutch at absolutely anything to validate our hopes and dreams. :lol:

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Palace fans are convinced Freedman is staying now as he was at the under 21 game last night with Parish.

Unlike Ashworth maybe he is just a professional bloke who can't continue doing his current job whilst being linked with another .

47 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

This follows the model at several Premier League clubs, where a performance director oversees the likes of science, medicine, psychology and performance analysis.

Newcastle are determined to improve an injury record that has disrupted their season and seen them record the most days missed of players in the top-flight.

From Hope’s piece 

Really like that we are doing this in an effort to address and prevent the kind of situation we faced with injuries this season. Excellent news.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Unlike Ashworth maybe he is just a professional bloke who can't continue doing his current job whilst being linked with another .

Well. He had to get the most up to date information on who is worth poaching from their u21 set up after all.

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Now now.

He had the choice of being at the Newcastle game so surely that shows a firm intention to stay put :mike:

And I'm not referencing your mighty victory in winning the Northumberland Senior Cup here!

59 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Just me or does it feel like we do a lot of things at a snails pace?

Aye we do, by all accounts we do a lot of background work though.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Just me or does it feel like we do a lot of things at a snails pace?

Maybe not making a move out of courtesy until the seasons over in the hope of making negotiations more cordial?